Sorry for the lack of information with the beta release, it is all covered in the beta release thread if someone were to read through it, the official release is coming late April, I've been working on that and have been quiet on this beta release.

Add the control box and turn it on in game, this was added a few releases ago to adopt remote usage!

For the loving life of me, I can't get the setup file to download the app. I get a "Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk." I tried a number of things including disabling my anti-virus and firewall as well as manually unblocking the file via properties. The digital signature is valid until this December. If anyone has an idea that would be neato.

My signature is good till dec 2021, I did not buy into the micro smart screen, this could be causing a issue, make sure you are on your admin account, and adjust your defender settings ... Just some thoughts! If you have further issues, I could try sending you a version via email!

Also try using a different browser, that might help, I use google and firefox and sometimes I've had issues on one and not the other!

Well I get the download setup file but the error occurs when I run the setup app. I am going to try with the wife's com0puter

*The smart screen warning window has a hyperlink 'More Info' on the menu that allows you to bypass the warning! Just click it and continue on the next menu to install!

Also : Are you using windows? if so : what version and is it updated?

Win 10 Ver 1909.
It downloads the setup file. When I try to manually start the setup file I get this warning. Note there is no "more info" link.
Desktop pic.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Whatever is going on it forces me to save the file to my computer, on my computer. However, on my wife's win 10 computer, it runs it from the browser. I have tried Explorer, Firefox and Chrome all three do the same thing. I even tried uninstalling my Norton 360 as well and tried it again.

Even tried setting my internet protection to low and added https://www.mycy4.com/ to my trusted sites.

Running 4.8 Net framework

File downloads are set to enable.

Last edited:
Wow-what a web hunt. So I found out that I had to regedit the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/.NETFramework/Security/TrustManager/PromptingLevel then I had to right-click the Internet MyComputer and Trusted sites keys and change them from Disabled to Enabled.

After that I got it to download and run

Here is a link to the solution that worked for me.

How do you format the remote host? tcp:// or just the IP or the domain?

I have the server running on the server box and the scripts installed. Double check they pointed to the right place and that both the server box and client box had the uoblackbox folder in the c: drive.

When I go to use a command or anything that requires a connection it tells me could not connect to given address.

Ports open and no firewall issues.

You need to use the TCP, find your server tcp and use that to connect with a open port you pick, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Remoting for reference to what I used!

- Bug Warning *** Make sure to turn on the in game control box prior to sending anything via tool to remote service as in the beta release, I never did finish all the dummy coding to protect against misuse, so if the control box is not turned on in game, the remote service will lock up waiting for a response from the server. This was due to being the latest addition, minimal testing and will be fixed for the official release coming later in April!

You need to use the TCP, find your server tcp and use that to connect with a open port you pick, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Remoting for reference to what I used!

- Bug Warning *** Make sure to turn on the in game control box prior to sending anything via tool to remote service as in the beta release, I never did finish all the dummy coding to protect against misuse, so if the control box is not turned on in game, the remote service will lock up waiting for a response from the server. This was due to being the latest addition, minimal testing and will be fixed for the official release coming later in April!
Awesome I'll look into that once I get home! Looks like an amazing tool so far.

Awesome I'll look into that once I get home! Looks like an amazing tool so far.

Thanks, this is just the Beta version which is now suspended (Working on Release), the official release coming later in April will boast new changes to improve the tool set up, stable remote set up and additional tools not yet released, ie : Script tool kit <A tribute to my very first community release on RunUO in 2004 which was a collection of scripts to help people create custom mobs/items!

Back