When launching UO Steam, I consistently get an OpenGL ES Error that says "can't find the intel graphics". While my processor does have integrated graphics, I keep them disabled since I have no use for them. Enabling the integrated graphics doesn't make the OpenGL error go away either. I've tried updating drivers for my motherboard, my processor, my integrated graphics, and my primary video card, a GTX 1070. Nothing seems to work.

I feel like maybe I'm missing a dependency somewhere but I have every version of Visual Studio C++ known to man installed, or so it seems.
  • 2005 v8.0.61001 and v8.0.56336
  • 2005 x86 v8.0.61000
  • 2005 x64 v8.0.5336
  • 2008 x64 v9.0.21022
  • 2008 x64 v9.0.30729.17
  • 2008 x64 v9.0.30729.6161
  • 2008 x86 v9.0.21022
  • 2008 x86 v9.0.30729
  • 2008 x86 v9.0.30729.6161
  • 2010 x64 v10.0.40219
  • 2010 x86 v10.0.40219
  • 2012 x64 v11.0.61030
  • 2012 x86 v11.0.61030
  • 2013 x64 v12.0.30501
  • 2013 x64 12.0.40664
  • 2013 x86 v12.0.30501
  • 2013 x86 v12.0.40664
  • 2015-2019 x64 v14.23.27820
  • 2015-2019 x86 v14.23.27820
I have no issues with Razor, Razor Enhanced, or ClassicUO. Strangely enough, if I plug directly into my integrated graphics with VGA, UO Steam launches just fine. Don't think it's an issue with my video card though because my wife uses the same driver for her GTX 1060 and doesn't get this error.

I know there isn't much activity here lately but perhaps someone may stumble across this and have a solution.

I dont think this is a lack of activity for this case :p
Well this is more of an incompatibility issue, and uosteam well ... it is abandond. As far as I saw you also made posts on superuser and so on. So thats good, maybe the users there may know even more ways to get around it.

What I also found wich sounded somewhat useful was this https://appuals.com/fix-cant-find-the-name-of-the-intel-icd-opengl-driver/
apparently the error message changed in some intel driver updates.

apparently the error message changed in some intel driver updates.

I wish this were true. The ICD OpenGL error isn't the same as the generic "can't find the Intel graphics" error. I tried the fix from Parsnips on UOF anyway but no luck. The whole thing is really baffling. Intel and NVIDIA suggested it's an issue with my motherboard prioritizing my IGP over my GPU when launching the client but I've tried reaching out to MSI via phone and their support forums and both experiences have been extremely unpleasant.

well I too would think that uosteam apparently tries to prioritize the IGPU, maybe you can disable the IGPU in windows and that would solve the issue. I cant promise anything there though :p Or maybe just completly removing the intel drivers for the IGPU. Since you have an GPU this shouldnt cause issues for you anyway

The creators of UO Steam do not think of players, only of their program. By giving preference to non-standard elements of the system, players will not win their program. An ordinary person will not solve how to set up graphics drivers and so on. it simply discards such a program. Even though I could find and seek, I won't, I threw away UO Steam. I consider it a bad program for this very reason. The creators themselves drive away the users of their work.

The creators of UO Steam do not think of players, only of their program. By giving preference to non-standard elements of the system, players will not win their program. An ordinary person will not solve how to set up graphics drivers and so on. it simply discards such a program. Even though I could find and seek, I won't, I threw away UO Steam. I consider it a bad program for this very reason. The creators themselves drive away the users of their work.
Uhm ok. So that programm is old. This is also the first time I head about an issue like this would happen. If you google you also may find that other programms have this issue too. Therefor its highly doubtful that they intended to make some people suffer. Probably more of an issue of an api that was used back at that time. Since the programm is abandoned there is also no real chance of this getting fixed. Also since I still prefer to use uosteam since it runs better and scripting inside of it is way better than in razor I also do not get the last sentence.

Buf if you are way more happy with another assistant tool, so be it. But you do not need to highjack a thread that is asking for help to fix an issue to just say how much you dislike the assistant tool especially not if it is talking about the creators wich you do not know in the first place.

there are three pages on this thread, the last page and a half seem to solve the issue for others, hope it works for you

Unfortunately, that thread contains the same fixes provided in the thread on UOF. I tried the original fix by Parsnips and the other fixes provided by users in the comments. Nothing works. I feel like I'm losing a bit of sanity trying to sort this out. If UOS wasn't the only real scripting tool available, I'd be fine. Huge loss.
Post automatically merged:

Update: this isn't the greatest solution but for anyone who is running into this issue and doesn't rely on their Intel IGP, this is the only fix available until Intel fixes their drivers.

Download Device Driver Uninstaller (DDU), run a clean sweep on Intel GPU drivers, and during the required system reboot, enter your BIOS and disable your IGP. This process removes the broken Intel drivers and prevents Windows Update from automatically reinstalling the IGP and updating its drivers.

Yes, this means you'll be without an IGP but if you have a single-monitor setup, you won't need it anyway barring catastrophic GPU failure. Even if you use dual-monitors, consider using dual input with your GPU.

Last edited:
I'm sorry PyrO. UO Steam is another of many support programs for players. I don't know if it's still going on, but I know it's not an old program. There are older ones that work. And I would like to try UO Steam, but I can't. Unable to turn on, just because of problems with graphics drivers. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I apologize for that.

Well you didnt offend anyone I guess, just that it was very offtopic.

Also again this is something that I never heard of befor. So if you want to try it then maybe try what @Orbit Storm suggested.

Update: this isn't the greatest solution but for anyone who is running into this issue and doesn't rely on their Intel IGP, this is the only fix available until Intel fixes their drivers.

Download Device Driver Uninstaller (DDU), run a clean sweep on Intel GPU drivers, and during the required system reboot, enter your BIOS and disable your IGP. This process removes the broken Intel drivers and prevents Windows Update from automatically reinstalling the IGP and updating its drivers.

Yes, this means you'll be without an IGP but if you have a single-monitor setup, you won't need it anyway barring catastrophic GPU failure. Even if you use dual-monitors, consider using dual input with your GPU.

This is a very risk hit. For hewlett packard notebooks, this is likely to lead to a major system failure. Today it uses 2 video cards, intel and nwidia. But for some reason, for normal use, hewlett packard requires intel graphics drivers. Some programs cannot be set up for nwidia. Which is sad. UO Steam could not switch to use nwidia graphics card.

This is a very risk hit. For hewlett packard notebooks, this is likely to lead to a major system failure. Today it uses 2 video cards, intel and nwidia. But for some reason, for normal use, hewlett packard requires intel graphics drivers. Some programs cannot be set up for nwidia. Which is sad. UO Steam could not switch to use nwidia graphics card.

Yep. That's why I said it's not a viable fix for those who rely on their Intel IGP. That applies to anyone with laptops or notebooks, generally.

Back