ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
So I was testing with UO Steam and noticed the mouse over properties on my character were broken, freaked me out so I tried CUO and all is well.. I was just wondering is this due to UOS in particular or is there something server side I should look into? Just asking as when the shard goes live I know people won't use what's recommended and will connect with whatever they want to connect with.. Both are using the same client.

UOS:
1658074158465.png1658074163402.png

CUO:
1658074174325.png

In my experience it be that UOS is kind of broken and/or CUO is honestly just better at loading and displaying that information.
CUO is far less picky and more capable of displaying it.

What may help with displaying that info on UOS is using the Vitanex properties feature. I don't have the info readily available but just shoot @Voxpire a quick PM on discord

The </basefont> closing tag will do that in the OSI client, you have to omit it and just keep resetting the color with <basefont color=#RRGGBB>

I always wondered why that closing tag was never included, I closed all of mine so that's probably what's doing it haha..

**EDIT**
Yep you called it, removed those closing tags to test and it works as expected in UOS. It does still cut the level off when you select a title though which is weird. Can the OSI client only support 2 lines?

Last edited:
I always wondered why that closing tag was never included, I closed all of mine so that's probably what's doing it haha..

**EDIT**
Yep you called it, removed those closing tags to test and it works as expected in UOS. It does still cut the level off when you select a title though which is weird. Can the OSI client only support 2 lines?

There is a character limit per line, that includes illusory line breaks.
You cannot re-use the same cliloc ID twice.
Adding a string with no cliloc given consumes the default ~1_NOTHING~ cliloc
Adding another string with no cliloc given replaces the last no-cliloc string.

You can use the VitaNex.Network.ExtendedOPL to build your tool-tips to avoid most headaches.

The following example is from a mod to ShrinkItem that displays custom lines, and the full tool-tip list of the linked creature;
C#:
		public override void GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
		{
			base.GetProperties(list);

if (!Linked)
			{
				list.Add('[' + "Unlinked".WrapUOHtmlColor(Color.OrangeRed) + ']');
				return;
			}

using (var eopl = new ExtendedOPL(list))
			{
				eopl.Add(String.Empty);
				eopl.Add(Link);

eopl.Add(1112769); // blank

eopl.Add("Follower Slots: {0}", FormatProperty(-ControlSlots));
				eopl.Add("Use: Release This Creature On Dry Land".WrapUOHtmlColor(Color.SkyBlue));
			}
		}

It should be VitaNex.Network correct?
C#:
using VitaNex.Network;
C#:
The name 'Color' does not exist in the current context [C:\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj]

Back