Okay my question is multifaceted.

1) How would you go about either:
a) Hard coding a spawner (derived from XmlSpawner) with certain entries so it only and always spawns those entries?
b) Preload a derived spawner with specific Spawn Entries?
2) Spawning #1 with a normal XmlSpawner?
3) Making # 1 Active after spawned?

I am trying to create a permanent event of sorts that is attached to a specific spawner lets call them BlackSpawners (which is derived from the XmlSpawner). I created a Derived spawner because this spawner does some additional things that the normal spawner does not do. I want to have the XmlSpawner I place somewhere in the world (5 or 6 on each facet) spawn about 5-10 of the BlackSpawners. I know how to make an XmlSpawner spawn an item, that part is the easy part. The hard part is getting the other item (in this case another spawner) to spawn what I want it to AND be active after it's placed in the world. I also want the XmlSpawner to Respawn itself lets say 2x a week to randomize the other spawners a bit in where they are located in the world. That way it requires some searching to find them and they are not always going to be in the same spot every week. I considered using some of the other invasion or encounter type systems people did but I'd still have to modify them a lot to get them to do what I want, so I'm trying to do it with something that's already included.

So if anyone has done this or attempted to do this in the past would you please provide you insight on how you got it working?

Thanks!

Back