Hey guys! I think a better way to ask this question would be, "If you had to use only five existing third party programs and/or custom scripts or files (simple or significant) on a fresh install of ServUO and an OSI Client, what would they be?". Do you think you could provide a fun and repeat playable server with only five? If so, what would you do to keep yourself and other staff/players interested? If you just can't narrow it down and decide, what are five existing ones that you just cannot live without? I realize this question is totally relative to goals and begs more depth, but you get the idea, so skip the fine details. :p

As a total private shard owner novice that hasn't got down to the gritty complicated super custom stuff yet, my list would look something like... UOAR, custom hues.mul, Omniporter, Fiddler and maybe an OWLTR of some sort. I could get by with using the built in spawner and just editing props or something.

What are your five? :D

• UO Fiddler
  • Vita-Nex: Core
  • Nerun's Distro
  • Knive's Chat
  • Xml Spawner
Fortunately, most of them do/will come with ServUO, but if I were to use RunUO, this would be my list.

It's kind of cheating your question though, because some of them encompass many features at once - so it would be a more suitable answer to "what are your top 5 priority apps and/or packages?" :p

• UO Fiddler
  • Vita-Nex: Core
  • Nerun's Distro
  • Knive's Chat
  • Xml Spawner
Fortunately, most of them do/will come with ServUO, but if I were to use RunUO, this would be my list.

It's kind of cheating your question though, because some of them encompass many features at once - so it would be a more suitable answer to "what are your top 5 priority apps and/or packages?" :p

Not cheating at all! That's exactly the kind of crafty thinking I was imagining. It's all relative. Basically made this thread so I can see what the veterans (or nubs) are messing with that I may have overlooked or not understood completely. I gotta ask though, why Nerun's when you already have Xml Spawner? Why not just Xml? Just sort of rating them as some top programs? :) Peace!

Since I enjoy to build, would have to say UOFiddler- UOART- Pandoras Box, then OWLTR and for the 5th one I would really need to think about that :)

Xml Spawner is much more than just a spawning system; it provides clever engineers with ways to design amazing interactive features in-game.
One person ( @the bazookas ) even extended XmlSpawner with the ability to parse and run a pseudo-code scripting language!

I'd only use Nerun's Distro for the more complete world spawns and some of the features it provides for later era's.

Xml Spawner is much more than just a spawning system; it provides clever engineers with ways to design amazing interactive features in-game.
One person ( @the bazookas ) even extended XmlSpawner with the ability to parse and run a pseudo-code scripting language!

I'd only use Nerun's Distro for the more complete world spawns and some of the features it provides for later era's.

Oh right on. I knew it had more features but not like that. You would rather use Nerun's than the "accurate spawner" I've seen here? I would too, but I read somewhere here that Nerun's had some issues with servuo. Please tell me this is not true because I would love to use it.

TBH I had a hard time picking 5, if I was going to start from fresh, my list would consist of UO Fiddler and Vita-Nex: Core lol - all the other systems have been pretty standard "go-to" systems for shard admins for years now :)

I really enjoy art and maps so my top 5 would be... (In no specific order)
Programs:
UoFiddler, Centred+, UOLandscaper, Pandoras Box, Dougan Ironfist's Region Editor

Scripts:
XML Spawner, StaffOrb, Morextons Time System, Town Houses, Vita-Nex

I really enjoy art and maps so my top 5 would be... (In no specific order)
Programs:
UoFiddler, Centred+, UOLandscaper, Pandoras Box, Dougan Ironfist's Region Editor

Scripts:
XML Spawner, StaffOrb, Morextons Time System, Town Houses, Vita-Nex

Yeah for sure, I guess after awhile I take Stafforb for granted, and forget about all the wasted time saved over a long period. If runuo was a production facility with a bunch of employees it would definitely be brought up in a board meeting :)

Back