ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Initial startup and [createworld used to generate everything that it will.

There are still some things that are lacking which are not covered by [createworld. When I reboot the server, my content that I have added does not return. I am convinced it is because of HOW I have done it. My question is because I want to do these setups for persistent content so it returns after a reboot.

The server does not have CleanUpBritannia NPC's and public trash cans. So I naively [add 'ed the elements, but after my system reboot - no Cleanup Officers nor trash cans (technically the chests which instantly dispose of items).

Next on my check list is the mini champs. I found the [GenMiniChamp command and now those are operational. I haven't rebooted yet, so I do not know if these will save and come back or disappear and require a manual start by me again.

I have not figured out how to get the teleporter in the Underworld to jump across the bridge to the SA entrance, nor the secret steps from the Underworld entrance down the rotworms and blood elemental to appear. My guess is it will be under some decoration - I just haven't located it yet.

I cheated the SA entrance questing and tried to set the [props on my owner account to allow jumping into SA, so I do not know if that is playing a factor. I could not enter down the SA staircase from the Underworld. I looked up a [go location to go run around the dungeon and see what was there or possibly missing.

I am missing the Silver Sapling tree to give the resurrection seeds.

The last thing I know is missing is from Tomb of Kings, the teleporter into the Stygian Abyss. I can neither enter nor exit the dungeon on this end.

So, is there some XML Spawner commands I need to use to add world persistent deco or do I need to create script to add that content with each reboot?

use [HelpInfo to see all commands available, iirc there is a [gen teleporters, and such that you still need to do. It has been a long time since I started a shard and populated it, not sure how accurate it is now, but back in the day, there was lots of little things to manually do. like spawns at certain places, missing teleporters etc etc

As for items disappearing on restart, you are probably placing items instead of there static counterpart, items decay, statics don't!

Initial startup and [createworld used to generate everything that it will.

There are still some things that are lacking which are not covered by [createworld. When I reboot the server, my content that I have added does not return. I am convinced it is because of HOW I have done it. My question is because I want to do these setups for persistent content so it returns after a reboot.

The server does not have CleanUpBritannia NPC's and public trash cans. So I naively [add 'ed the elements, but after my system reboot - no Cleanup Officers nor trash cans (technically the chests which instantly dispose of items).

Next on my check list is the mini champs. I found the [GenMiniChamp command and now those are operational. I haven't rebooted yet, so I do not know if these will save and come back or disappear and require a manual start by me again.

I have not figured out how to get the teleporter in the Underworld to jump across the bridge to the SA entrance, nor the secret steps from the Underworld entrance down the rotworms and blood elemental to appear. My guess is it will be under some decoration - I just haven't located it yet.

I cheated the SA entrance questing and tried to set the [props on my owner account to allow jumping into SA, so I do not know if that is playing a factor. I could not enter down the SA staircase from the Underworld. I looked up a [go location to go run around the dungeon and see what was there or possibly missing.

I am missing the Silver Sapling tree to give the resurrection seeds.

The last thing I know is missing is from Tomb of Kings, the teleporter into the Stygian Abyss. I can neither enter nor exit the dungeon on this end.

So, is there some XML Spawner commands I need to use to add world persistent deco or do I need to create script to add that content with each reboot?

When you [add an item to the world, it becomes subject to item decay - roughly one hour after an item is dropped on the floor (or [add'ed) - it will self delete unless it has been moved or forcibly locked in place.
Either the items have decayed, or some players literally picked them up.

In any case, when you use [add to add items to the world that you don't want players to be able to move, be sure to set the item's Movable property to false.

You can do this one of a few ways;

[add <item> set movable false
- This command syntax allows you to set properties of the object you're adding.

[set movable false
- This command lets you set a property of a targeted object to the given value.

[props
- This command lets you target an object to view all of its props and allows you to modify them with a ui.

As for mobiles, they will just wander off randomly if you don't attach them to a spawner or set their CanMove to false.
You can use [add spawner - then set up the spawner to spawn the mobile you need.

Also make sure you shard has time to perform a world save before you shut it down after making changes.
If you don't want to wait, you can force a world save with [save or do it via the [admin ui.

Back