It started off as a School Project by Ryan McMasters iirc

Many have worked on it over the years and ALL deserve a huge Thanks for the Love and Devotion they have contributed to the project!

Slight correction. It was started by Krrios (Zachary Torkelson), and AFAIK was revealed to the public in September 2002.

ServUO is a fork of RunUO

It should probably be noted that Krrios started RunUO (the server software) originally to test the custom client he was working on at the time...at age 14. It then grew to become the larger project of the two.

I never read that article before but knew Ryan, Krrios and a few others back in the day that were leading the RunUO Project, I'm trying to remember but for some reason I thought it was Ryan, must have got my wires crossed, old age setting in and memory is the first to go! None the less, I always admired them all for the work they did, they changed my life as I fell in love with c# coding too, just not a wiz kid like Krrios!

A lot of people put their heart into it. Ryan was like a manager/organizer. I think his background was a similar role with another/prior emulator.

Too bad wayback didn't cache the image. Whitest family photo ever taken.

• Haha
Reactions: Cad
Back