I wanted to make it so that players can't teleport into or mark in the custom dungeons I have made and wanted to know what file I needed to look at to add them to the list. I looked at DungeonRegion.cs and didn't find anything useful and SpellHelper.cs points towards DungeonRegion.cs for "Thy spell doth not appear to work".

You need to edit regions.xml in /Data using a text editor.

You'll see the file is divided into facets and then into areas in each one. Without breaking the formatting of an existing region you just insert your own. These examples are from the Sosaria map from DarkShard.

Code:
        <region type="DungeonRegion" priority="50" name="Ararat Dungeon">
            <rect x="5187" y="49" width="230" height="333" />
            <go x="5322" y="72" z="0" />
            <music name="Dungeon9" />
        </region>

<region type="DungeonRegion" priority="50" name="Dardin's Pit Dungeon">
            <rect x="5476" y="24" width="314" height="458" />
            <go x="5698" y="49" z="0" />
            <music name="ParoxysmusLair" />
        </region>

<region type="DungeonRegion" priority="50" name="Perinia Depths Dungeon">
            <rect x="5820" y="26" width="233" height="474" />
            <go x="5953" y="80" z="0" />
            <music name="Dungeon9" />
        </region>

There is a Region Editor program for this purpose that exports the xml script directly for RunUO. RunUO is very similar to ServUO.

Attachments

• Region-Editor-1.7.zip
    416.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Region Editor 2020.rar
    179.4 KB · Views: 18
There is a Region Editor program for this purpose that exports the xml script directly for RunUO. RunUO is very similar to ServUO.
Quick question.
Regions.xml file is loaded succesfully to this software, but map section is blank.
Pointed to muls and xml correctly and still no map render. Any clue how to fix it?
Using latest UO files with latest ServUO.
Thanks in advance!

Back