Short answer... not really.

All I play is EC but the repo is old. There was a guy that released a ServUO/EC build but he is gone now and it has not been updated since February. There is no documentation of his changes. The ServUO repo has been updated numerous times since then, so you would have to go though every single script comparing them for changes to try and update to the new repo.

I would love to see the EC get more attention, but most of the old school players don't like it (probably because they have not tried it ha ha). The hotbars and macro system are enough to make it great.

I know..everyone I played with on public hated EC simply because they've never tried it. I respect the use for classic though. This is unfortunate. I have a bias towards EC for cosmetic purposes and improved frame rates, but the JustUO server doesn't have global magic loot. Do you know of a way to implement the Global shame loot system or even just the special shame loot into JustUO?

They mentioned a new loot system here, but I never heard a name... I suppose we have it on ServUO? If JustUO does not add it, I would have no idea how to do it... it would probably be a big undertaking.

There was a guy that released a ServUO/EC build but he is gone now and it has not been updated since February. There is no documentation of his changes.

For every time you come back and say this Tuk, I am going to just go ahead and repeat myself..
This guy that released it, took some of it from a few people and stole some of it, none of the work was 'his'.

I don't mind the EC client and I think most people have tried it including the old school players. For me it's simply not very editable. For example, there are numerous tools that allow you to edit the maps, gumps, graphics, armor, animations, sound and everything you want with the regular client. With the EC client there are no current tools that work to edit anything with it.

I'd like to see the EC client work better too, but if you want to see the EC client get more attention you probably just have to do it yourself. From my experience, most coders are going to focus on improving the existing engine with the regular client which is more important in my opinion than trying to get the new features from the EC working.

For every time you come back and say this Tuk, I am going to just go ahead and repeat myself..
This guy that released it, took some of it from a few people and stole some of it, none of the work was 'his'.
...yes... and that is why I mentioned no names. Point is - staying away from the drama - there was a working release, now there is not. I was simply answering his question and not getting involved in he said/she said...and I am not going to get involved... :)

Have fun with that :) I won't bother commenting about it anymore.

... but I will continue giving the same answer. The only game I here to play is Ultima.

There must be a UO Full moon!! We are all here to help other's- lets not forget this? No names were mentioned so I think we can move on from this? We all just need to try and get along :)

Anyways I thought we already moved on from this over a month ago..
I was fairly certain I proved beyond any doubt the truth of the matter.

For someone who doesn't want drama.. I find it amazing its the same person that keeps bringing it back up..

Sorry Milva, your comment was awesome, I just needed to let out one final breath on the matter.

p.s. I The first thing I did was help the original poster via PM with the link to Zerodowned/Tuks repo of the EC code

Last edited:
I started the first lines of code on EC support on ServUO, before Insanity started to find it interesting ;)

Anyway, all my work was based on SunUO.

Just google it ...

I started the first lines of code on EC support on ServUO, before Insanity started to find it interesting ;)

Anyway, all my work was based on SunUO.

Just google it ...

I need to talk to you about a few things on EC O_O I'll contact you later..gotta sleep and head into work in the morning, but yeah awesome.

That is interesting Regnak!

I didn't even hear of ServUO at the time but here is Dragon Slayer almost a year before the ServUO EC repo on my emulator and posting pictures of it on Facebook playing EC.. (see attachment at bottom)

These can still be seen on his Facebook right now.. Feb 2014,
My google turned up October/November 2014 when you and DS started the ServUO EC..

[doublepost=1466426238][/doublepost]Here is the last site I put up for the server emu
https://sites.google.com/site/shardserver/

You can see Dragon Slayer was running a test shard. This is May 2013 fyi
Unrelated but this emu was started pre-RunUO in 2001.

[doublepost=1466426651][/doublepost]Point is.. a few people did work to get EC to where it is.. Dragon Slayer isn't one of them.
[doublepost=1466426836][/doublepost]I am quite certain I shall leave all future updates for it in your capable hands too..

My first request is please fix the player written books. TIA.

P.S. Tukaram's repo just seems like a continuation of Dragon Slayers effort to build a repo full of code that gives no credit to anyone else, tbh

I was most curious as to why he told the new member all about the repo that doesn't exist, but never mentioned the exact copy of it he has in his own repo.. (almost exact, I see he had no problem adding my fix for grids and lifting partial amounts from a stack that I posted here)

P.S.S I think the most entertaining part is when people wonder why I don't post the rest of the EC fixes.. now you know.

And more..
Dragon Slayer attempting to claim more of my code, till he got caught..
https://www.servuo.com/threads/idea-for-servuo.3846/

Dragon Slayers sad attempt at taking the newer merged Shard/JustUO project 'Shard Engine' and changing it to GOW..
https://www.servuo.com/threads/how-not-to-make-an-emu-and-other-fun-stuff.4409/

and if I had the time or inclination I could keep on going with this..

If some people wish to 'be' or 'play' ignorant and say things like he said-she said, more power to them.., for everyone else.. its obvious.

Attachments

• Dragon Slayer2.jpg
    Dragon Slayer2.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
My first request is please fix the player written books. TIA.

YES. Need that fixed so badly. That was one of my questions. :(

Does anyone know where the file that covers books in EC are? I'd just as soon
replace that with the code from CC for books.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the file that covers books in EC are? I'd just as soon
replace that with the code from CC for books.
I would love to see books get fixed. I am not a scripter so I am not making any fixes... but I sure appreciate when others do.

The CC book code is already there. If you log in on the CC books work fine. Each client just handles them differently... Bummer, really.

What I have been doing for mine is editing quests and such and making gumps for each book - but they are not player editable - so not at all the same.

Script\Items\basebook.cs has the base script. There is also a section of books in Scripts\Items\Books

I was thinking if there was a way to make player editable gumps maybe EC books could be gump based. That is way above my pay grade though :)

Well..that's what I'd like to try to have implemented, but I need to know the location of where EC stores the data for their books...hmm..

So as of right now we're dealing with hard code until it can have a new .cs file written to overwrite what the client is told to see...

Lets summ up whats working and whats not, maybe that helps too ;)
(based on the stock repository version of servuo)

Working
- Reading book
- Writing in book

Not Working
- Text changes aren't saved
- switching between pages doesn't work

If I missed something feel free to add it.

Update - file XmlTextEntryBook.cs
Code:
int lineCount = pvSrc.ReadUInt16();

if ( lineCount <= 8)
{ ... }

checked the package for the lineCount and it returns 65535. Not sure if the packets changed slightly for the EClient but thats the whole reason why you can not save inside the books. Tested it with an changed condition and I could write.

Issue afterwards was that lines were unreachable in the classlic client since the EClient can use up to 18 lines on one page

Edit:
the lineCount of 65535 only appears on reading the book, my bad. However writing to the book does also get saved in the EClient, I just didnt notice that the client automatically adds a new line and therefor blocks the saving (9 lines are bad).

Last edited:
Perfect!! This is what I needed..I think I can fix this. Will update soon
[doublepost=1466736707][/doublepost]We need an else if statement..that way both are defined properly. Just need to find the right values.

Back