I have been reading a bunch of the XML Spawner scripts today... holy crap it does it a lot! I was looking for some quest gump answer... did not find but don't care for the moment ha ha

I just found how to make any XML Spawner into a paragon spawner (on any map - how cool is that?). This has some very fun potential for quest making. The gump is fairly straight forward - I see how to change the artifact chance, the chest chance, the name etc...

I have some quest ideas that would need me to control when it spawns but so far I can't find anything. Been testing it, by clicking "respawn" and pretty much get a paragon about 1 in 30.

Does anyone know how to change the chance of it spawning the paragon?

XmlParagon is tied into the existing Paragon system. You would have to change the spawn chance for paragons shard-wide. This extension for XmlSpawner just offers you the ability to spawn Paragons anywhere.

You could create a "manual" paragon right on an Xmlspawner though:
Code:
pig/name/Pig (Paragon)/Str/110,200/MaxHits/110,200/Hue/0x501/ADD/<metalchest/name/Pig Paragon Chest/Hue/0x501,0x507
Code like the above would always spawn a "pig paragon". You would have to add the contents of the chest, but, that is the only way you can spawn a paragon 100% of the time, without altering your base Paragon.cs file.

I figured it just used the main paragon system, but hoped not.

The manual spawn would work for a quest, though. Thanks I will give that a try. It might be all I need. :)

I figured it just used the main paragon system, but hoped not.

The manual spawn would work for a quest, though. Thanks I will give that a try. It might be all I need. :)
Yeah, I mean it sort of makes sense that you can't mess with the paragon spawn percentage, because it's based on a formula that also takes a player's fame into account when a paragon is spawned.

Several years ago, I introduced paragon spawns in Tokuno and the players seemed to like the idea, but yes, in your case, the manual spawn will probably be the best way to go.

Back