I am trying to set up a spawner for a quest. I am having an issue with "spawn on carried". I have a 'magical box' that the quest participant carries. I marked the spawner 'spawn on carry' and it works... except the timer seems to not work now. You can stand there all day killing the critter and it keeps respawning.

If you use spawn on carry does it over ride the time delay? I really want to use both.
spawn.JPG

What I usually do is tie the objective into a quest, giving me a little more control over the spawn based on the quest completion. So for instance, if the spawner is set to trigger when carrying a magical box and it spawns a monster and the objective (KILLNAMED,Monster,1) is to kill the monster, then I would set a NoTriggerOnCarried as MagicalBoxQuest,1. That is basically saying spawn if you're carrying the box, but do not spawn if you've finished that objective.

In this case, I would usually put some redundancy in there to make sure it doesnt spawn after they've killed the creature, finished the objective and the quest is removed. I would do this by adding an & on the TriggerOnCarried. For example TriggerOnCarried would be A Magical Box & MagicalBoxQuest.

(Edit) To be honest, I'm terrible with XmlSpawner and there is probably a better way to handle all of this. This is just how I do it when using it in quests.

There are 3 critterrs to kill in different locations. Each one gives a piece of a shovel. that is combined by the magic box. (not my quest - found it somewhere).

What I tried is setting 'spawn on carry' magic box, and also set 'no spawn on carry' shovel head. On the next spawner 'spawn on carry' magic box, 'no spawn on carry' shovel handle. Seems to be working... after you loot the body... but the respawn is pretty darn fast.

Hmmm... it works but the respawn is so fast I still got 3 of one of the items ha ha....

There are 3 critterrs to kill in different locations. Each one gives a piece of a shovel. that is combined by the magic box. (not my quest - found it somewhere).

What I tried is setting 'spawn on carry' magic box, and also set 'no spawn on carry' shovel head. On the next spawner 'spawn on carry' magic box, 'no spawn on carry' shovel handle. Seems to be working... after you loot the body... but the respawn is pretty darn fast.

Hmmm... it works but the respawn is so fast I still got 3 of one of the items ha ha....
You need to set the Refract Min/Max, which sets the amount of time between cycles on the Xmlspawner (with a cycle being defined as one complete run-through of all spawn entries). Look in the Tutorials section for more info on using the Refract Min/Max settings.

Cool... I will give it a look :)

~Edit~
that was the trick! Thanks. There is a lot to learn about he XMLSpawners. I like em, but got a long way to go.

Last edited:
Back