i read Milvas tutorial on how to use XML however im having one issue im wanting to setup a way to have the spawner consume an item and teleport a player to a location and i am unsure on how to do it ive attempted several times and failed. can anyone assist me?

I think this would be right. Just set these on the same subgroup by giving them the same subgroup number:

SETONCARRIED,YourItemTypeHere/LOCATION/(yourX,yourY,yourZ)
SETONCARRIED,YourItemTypeHere/DELETE

i attempted what u have given me not sure i worte it correctly but

1. SETONCARRIED,Gold/felucca/(5342,678,0) tried both my location and another

1. SETONCARRIED,Gold/DELETE
also dunno how to make them both in same subgroup i didnt see it on property list
can u help me figure out what im doing wrong?

If your Type is Gold I think you have to also have an amount in there somehow. I am not an XmlSpawner expert, but there should be many examples of consuming gold through a spawner on the web. I will check.

i appriciate it im working on assembling a dungeon and inorder to progress u need to have a specific item but the xml is abit tricky i followed up on malivas post tutoral and figured id see about making it teleport when u get to an area it will teleport to you to the next area

SETONCARRIED,YourItemTypeHere/LOCATION/(yourX,yourY,yourZ)
SETONCARRIED,YourItemTypeHere/DELETE

This would actually Move the Item IN THE 1st Entry......Also, the IF statement in XMLSpawner uses the following syntax....(at least the version 2.0 I'm using): IF/condition/thenspawn/[elsespawn]

I think you can use that as the condition Lokai but you need to give it an Entry # to go to.

Here is one way to do it...I tested and it worked...some of the comands in XmlSpawner2.0 are a little sketchy with the syntax....takes a lot of tinkering...anyway, hope this helps:

GoldTrigger.png

Last edited:
Basically what I've done is checked if a Condition existed( Gold is Less than 1000). If it is I jump over the remaining code because I dont want to exucute the remaining lines. So, GOTO 30 basically skips to a non-existant line, avoiding entries in sub 10. Go ID is actually Gold. In TAKEBYTYPE i'm using the syntax:

TAKEBYTYPE,probability,amount to take/ItemType

ah ok cool thanks for the input bud this is probley the only part of Uo im not too familiar with is the XML stuff and im working on learning it.

Me too lol..Wish there was a better guide out there. Most of the guides are really dated. I'm by no means an expert on them and have forgotten much. They are great though for implementing things without scripting them. In case you haven't noticed, there is a Help button at the bottom of the Xml Entry Gump. This will help give you an idea of how the syntax works...It's dated and is actually missing a command or two(#Condition for one) but it will give a good idea of how most of them work:

XmlSyntaxHelp.png

Also, if you don't have this already it is a compilation of tutorials from various locations. It has a lot of useful guides in it...thanks to Hank for posting it!

http://www.servuo.com/archive/the-ultimate-xmlspawner-how-to-guide-archive.150/

If ya can't figure something out I'd be glad to help. Good Luck!

Would double-check everything. The slightest typo can mess it up. On most things Case matters, so make sure the Caps match. Also, I didn't think about it but maybe switching maps, if thats what you're doing, is the problem. If so, switch the TAKEBYTYPE entry to go first. A quick way to do this is to change Teleport entry to Sub 20, then click the Sort Button(bottom right), then change Telport entry back to Sub 10.

Back