Hello!Just asking about a host,i think the first player base gonna be between 10-20 players max.
This is the server im looking:
1 vCore(s) 2GHZ
6 GB RAM
25 GB

1 core is good to that playerbase? (Running under windows).

Thank you!!!

VPS in general share hardware resources with other users, with processing power usually being the worst suffering component.

You usually don't get exclusive access to that processing core, the "1 vCPU" usually just means you cant use more than one due to affinity settings in the VM. I would think it may choke in peak times. Because there's only one processing core available to it, the VM cant offload tasks to a less populated one. Maybe go up a core.

Many of the somewhat reputable cloud VPS providers will allow you to spin up and destroy server instances in seconds, which allows you to test things before trying, test different plans, different server locations.

I would avoid OVH. Things may have changed, but I rented one in their Bearnhois location for a Minecraft server late 2017/early 2018 and it was downright horrible. Random outages with no explanations as to why, lag pretty much all evening East Coast time. Linode/Vultr/DO are slightly more reputable.

Also, since you are hosting on limited resources, why Windows?

Windows cause i developed the server under Windows,and i dont have knowdeledge to run the shard under Linux,i know under Linux the server is more cheap,but i dont know how to do that,i see some guides here,but seems to be hard to do correctly.

It's really not, and may be worth a try. There's also support here if you do run into trouble.

A headless linux system will use barely any resources, leaving more for servuo.

Back