Hello guys, so i have managed to setup ServUO (publish 54) - see screen shot - it loads perfectly.

im connecting using a 2d Client and it 7.0.0.34 and i can talk to vendors and it all works perfectly....

HOWEVER:
when i connect with 3d (works on 4.0.47.0 and 4.0.34.22) client it seems to work fine, i can do eveything, everyone is in the right place, however when i go toa talk to an NPC it brings up a list of "missing string"

this happens on every NPC...

is there anyone out there who can give me some advice or guidance as im new to this please ?

Attachments

• missing string.JPG
    missing string.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 16
  • servuo.JPG
    servuo.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SERVUOa.JPG
    SERVUOa.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 12
Sorry i forgot to mention, i also note that the admin toolbar shows up with no words in it either (please see the screne shots)...

its worth noting that in servuo in the datapaths.cs im pointing to client a 2d version 7.0.0.34.22 as i cannot get the server to compile with the 3d client.... as it says it canot find tiledata.mul when compiling server on a 3d client...

Last edited:
Sorry i forgot to mention, i also note that the admin toolbar shows up with no words in it either (please see the screne shots)...

its worth noting that in servuo in the datapaths.cs im pointing to client a 2d version 7.0.0.34.22 as i cannot get the server to compile with the 3d client.... as it says it canot find tiledata.mul when compiling server on a 3d client...
I'll let someone who uses the Enhanced client answer your question, however you really should not be pointing datapath.cs to the same folder that you use to open your client with. Having the server and your UO client using the same files at the same time can cause issues. Obviously if you're pointing your datapath to the 2d client folder and using the 3d client then there would be no conflict if they're in separate folders, but if you intend to use the 2d client at all you should create a separate folder. You should create a folder in your ServUO folder called Client Files or something and copy the required files for the server into there and point datapath.cs to that folder. DataPath.cs should list all the files you need to put in the folder, but just in case i'll also list them here:

Multi.idx
Multi.mul
VerData.mul (May not be in your UO folder if you have a newer client)
TileData.mul
Map*.mul or Map*LegacyMUL.uop (.mul for older clients, .uop for newer clients)
StaIdx*.mul
Statics*.mul
MapDif*.mul
MapDifL*.mul
StaDif*.mul
StaDifL*.mul
StaDifI*.mul

Edit: Just thought I'd add there are some changes to the server you need to do to get Enhanced Client working properly. You may find this thread helpful: https://www.servuo.com/threads/servuo-and-enhanced-client-support-publish-54.74/

Last edited:
Denjiki,

Thanks you for your response, i have have it setup just as you say, 2 folers one is a client folder in program files and the other is is the servuo\server files\ that holds all that data.

any input that anyone can give regarding the problem with my 3d client would be great ! . thanks.

Back