Anything can case this? it is anoying for my players and Im not sure what can cause this, can this be cause by a large custom building?

If your server is not online for about six months with the number of players about 50 or more - that is bad value.
[doublepost=1524620414][/doublepost]maybe you have many bugged items anywhere.
try look it:
[global interface where item map = internal parententity = null order by name

if u finding many same items - need clear it.
[doublepost=1524620767][/doublepost]the more properties on items, the more they occupy space in the safes, respectively, the more time you need to write data to a file. In ServUO - very many properties :)

Last edited:
ok there are many same items, when you say clear it, do you mean delete all and just leave one of each?

It is necessary to understand their origin and to be sure that the hung things are not part of any systems.

for example, if the seller disappears in the player's house, then all its contents are transferred to the house sign, and all items will have a parametert of map = Internal.
But perhaps they will be tied to the container, just do not remember. So remove at your own risk, knowing about how could these items be stored on the Internal map
[doublepost=1524621359][/doublepost]Example for cleaning:
[global delete where ParasiticPlant parententity = null rootparententity = null map = Internal
and for global cleaning:
[global delete where Item parententity = null rootparententity = null map = Internal

don't forget make save and backup before use this commands

I would say while slower it is still better to use xmlfind for that. Since you can easily filter out the valid internal items as well

Interesting. I have just found this thread by accident and did an XmlFind search that seems to show that XmlFind doesn't know what null is...
Says "XmlFind: null : "
So how does one search for null in XmlFind?

What do you want to search for? All Entities on the shard? because searching for null wouldnt work since those entities arent null

Searching for item on the internal map where ParentEntity = null

This does not work if I put in the Property Test box: ParentEntity=null

Attachments

• David_1-27_11.jpg
    David_1-27_11.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 21
Anyone got some help on this please?
If I use global interface view where item Map = null ParentEntity = null
then I get 1000 items or so. Most of them seem to be ore, but many are a summonable mount from an event spawn that randomly had this mount added to the mob. I'm guessing the mount ios not deleted when the mob despawns. There are also many ship parts.
So ParentEntity clearly is null here, for these items, and yet when I try to search with XmlFind in order to have more control over what I delete, I get that error in the picture.
So is XmlFind incapable of searching for a property of something = null or am I doing it wrong?
Thanks

Last edited:
Check the 3 boxes under the search Int-Null-Hide Valid Internal. Uncheck all other boxes.

I'm not positive this is what you're looking for, but it is how I always check for invalid internal map stuff.

I got 22k are these safe to delete?

From what I've found, it depends on WHY it ended up on the list. For instance I had a monster script that used basecreature(which ads a backpack) and added a backpack in the script so every time it was killed in game it would leave a backpack in the internal map. This was safe to delete.
On the other hand, there was a bug involved with the huntmaster challenge, that would leave a Hunt trophy in there and deleting that took the players name off the trophy in game. So not so safe.

I guess the idea would be to go through and figure out why that stuff wound up there and try to fix it scripting.

Yeah what manwitch said. You have to know what the items are before you delete them which is why I wanted to be able to find them with XmlFind as there is more control from there coz you can select the lines you want to delete.

For me there were these mounts which were going to the internal map if the monster was despawned without dying. I had him spawn every hour in a random graveyard and after that hour he would despawn and respawn in a new graveyard. So there were hundreds of these mounts on the internal map. Next time we use him I will look at deleting the mount on despawn. But there were many thousands of smoke columns from XmlSpawner from when you turn on the bounds display. So I don't know how they got to the internal map but they probably no longer had a spawner so they were safe to delete en-mass however there were other things that most definitely can't be deleted and they should look fairly obvious by name like "ToolbarInfos" and "EthicsPersistance" and "LadderController" which are obviously needed by the system. There were a lot of various ores which I am guessing were from elementals that drop ore that despawned or whatever without the ore dropping to their corpse so I deleted all of those. Gold was another one and I'm wondering if that is from monsters who's corpse is deleted on death. It was only 8k total gold though so no big deal. There are also quite a few I have called "Currency" but I don't know what that does so I left it alone. As it is I got down from 17,000 to 102 so I'm pretty happy.

Oh and there's a load of PetParrot which I am guessing are parrots that were on a perch when a house fell. I left them for now but that accounts for another 56! 56 dead parrots! :)

Back