i just started a server for me and a few friends, and need a little help.
i am getting a no stringID message on most item names, does not seem to hurt anything just no item names.
Is this normal?
i was also wondering if it's possible to move a account from one server to another? we have a server setup in lan at a friends house and i use the same setup at home and was hoping to be able to copy the progress i make at home to the lan server. both the lan and my home network don't have internet, so just using one server is out.

i haven't played UO in a very long time (2004 i think), and all the new stuff is a bit overwhelming. can servuo run older clients? i have copies of a few 1.26, 2.0.0a and 4.0.4a. 1.26 is the one i would like to use. i have had no luck getting it to run though

thanks
van

Yes, @vandior2001 that's going to happen as long as you use an older client. I've tried running strictly 7.0.20.0 to use with both UO Architect and the Land of Archon ServUO repack, but it doesn't work that way. You'll get all kinds of StringID not found messages on items, and some things may not work in your older client. I currently run client 7.0.63.2 to play, and 7.0.20.0 for UOA. If you're concerned about it being a resource hog, I'm running a 2.5Ghz/4GB machine, so not a lot to work with to start.

What makes you want to run the older client?
[doublepost=1530678452][/doublepost]Didn't mention, while 2.5Ghz sounds like a decent useable machine, if not dated, I regularly run the client, a File Explorer with several tabs open, Firefox with 10-15 tabs open so I can look stuff up, UOAM (the AutoMapper), and I run ServUO locally. Even with Firefox closed, if I have 2 clients open, I'm used to 5 second saves.

i started to play uo not long after it came out. i moved to another MMO around 2004ish ( just before Samurai Empire ).
the game was easier, less bloated and to me just better. i haven't played the new clients much yet but they changed so much i can't even find a plain lich anymore lol.

@ home i use my main gaming computer ryzen 5 6 core 3.4ghz with 16 gigs ram and SSD's raid 0. saves are less then a second. i play on a old XP box i built for older games. (lower screen resolution is easier to play on)

at the lan i use something like yours. the hardware seems to work fine it's the software that's giving me fits.

i am running 7.0.18 i think ATM couldn't find a newer one other then current running client. i don't have internet at home so i need a package install or something like it. Know where i can get one?

Another question i tried to figure out but had no luck
How do you change the amount of a item a NPC sells? mages selling Reagents mostly.

No problem! To update your client to the latest version, just run UOPatch.exe found in the client directory.

To adjust what NPC vendors are selling, that's found in Scripts\VendorInfo. Just go there and pick out your vendor. Open one, such as the SBLeatherWorker.cs. They're all the same, if you don't have that one. To adjust up the amount of hides they sell for instance, you would just adjust the code as follows:

public InternalBuyInfo()
{
this.Add(new GenericBuyInfo(typeof(Hides), 3, 999, 0x1078, 0))
}

I'm only wondering what that last "0" is, as I'd like to add to the list of things they sell also. Anyway, obviously the amount they stock is just the second number in BuyInfo. Go bananas! :D

Last edited:
Ok, so it's sale price, quantity to stock, ItemID (I guess?), and hue. So I guess as long as I'm not messing with the hue of an item that I want a vendor to stock, that will always be 0. Thanks, Tasanar, that's super helpful. I'm going to add everything that can be crafted to be sold by an NPC somewhere, and crafted items bought, no matter what they are. Lotsa busy work.. :p

Next Question. i downloaded a few of the shards in a box from here. however i can't figure out how to get them to load. Is there a special way to set them up? i really want to play Age Of Valor and go hunting the colonel sanders boss.

I don't have that repack, but generally the repacks are already setup to run and createworld.

If you have it, obviously just run ServUO.exe. If not, it'll be the same as always: just run Compile.WIN.bat to start for Windows, or Compile.MONO.bat to run in Mono in Linux (I think).

After you get it started, look for doors or NPC's anywhere. If you see neither, run [createworld check all the boxes, and come back in a few minutes.

Either way, once you've gotten either a repack or a clean release, you'll use the same docs everyone else needs. Try searching for what you need, and start by going through Tutorials and look for the new shard post.

Have fun!

EDIT:
Oh, but I just realized that sometimes shards don't come fully built, and it's up to *you* to set it up the way you want. In other words, if you get it running and everything's empty, still run [createworld, but that's not gonna add Colonel Sanders. You'll probably have to add him to the shard somewhere.

Look through your repack for instructions.

i unpack the servuo zip and then copy the shard in a box files into servuo folder overwriting the files as need. run the bat file and it fails to make the servuo exe file. i have run the bat and then copyed the files over but the server will not load says it can't find some files.

New Question!
Is there a way to change the amount of ore you get from a area of a cave floor or rock face? Also can you set what ore is there or is that just random?

mining.cs
Code:
            // Resource banks are every 8x8 tiles
            oreAndStone.BankWidth = 8;
            oreAndStone.BankHeight = 8;

// Every bank holds from 10 to 34 ore
            oreAndStone.MinTotal = 10;
            oreAndStone.MaxTotal = 34;

// A resource bank will respawn its content every 10 to 20 minutes
            oreAndStone.MinRespawn = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(10.0);
            oreAndStone.MaxRespawn = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(20.0);

// Skill checking is done on the Mining skill
            oreAndStone.Skill = SkillName.Mining;

// Set the list of harvestable tiles
            oreAndStone.Tiles = m_MountainAndCaveTiles;

// Players must be within 2 tiles to harvest
            oreAndStone.MaxRange = 2;

// One ore per harvest action
            oreAndStone.ConsumedPerHarvest = 1;
            oreAndStone.ConsumedPerFeluccaHarvest = 2;

oreAndStone.RandomizeVeins = Core.ML;

if you want to have like only copper in one area? then you would need to alter the system as far as I know

Cool thx i didn't even find the mining.cs file lol
[doublepost=1532901758][/doublepost]is there a place where old versions of servuo are sorted? i found the old client i want to use (1.26.4j ) but i need something to run it. servuo is easy to use and i can't find anything to run that version that i can understand.

Back