I love the scripts that players release here and they give me so many ideas to work on.
I have just one issue:
Code:
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 50 );
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Poison, 50 );
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Fire, 50);
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Energy, 50 );
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Cold, 50);

SetDamageType has to EQUAL 100 total and can not be over.

So you could do:
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 0);
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Poison, 100);
Because physical must be on the list.

Or:
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 50 );
SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Poison, 50 );

Changing up the type and totals to equal 100 :)

I am NOT trying to be a jerk or anything, I just thought I would point this out because it is one thing I see a lot.
When I started out I made ostards and their total damage was like 100 of each. These were tamable, and fortunately a player pointed that out to me and that was how I learned to Deserialize :)

Have a great day!

Shazzy :)

Last edited:
In most cases I'd agree with you (osi accuracy etc...) but, sometimes with custom creatures it doesn't always have to be that way, totals over 100% are fine since it just does the percentage of the damage roll for each of the damage types. You do have to be careful with it however since it adds up rather quickly.

example:
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Physical, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Energy, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Cold, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Fire, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Poison, 25, 50);

In most cases I'd agree with you (osi accuracy etc...) but, sometimes with custom creatures it doesn't always have to be that way, totals over 100% are fine since it just does the percentage of the damage roll for each of the damage types. You do have to be careful with it however since it adds up rather quickly.

example:
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Physical, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Energy, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Cold, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Fire, 25, 50);
SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Poison, 25, 50);
Yes, a good example was my expansion to Ronin's FSATS, where I added elemental damage (which took a pet's damage over the 100 base). Visam is correct though, in that it can add up fast. ;)

Back