i been playing around with the idea..of creating a futuristic type area..i know some shards have done this in the past/present.. but the way mine differs ..is not a complete conversion away from UO game itself..but more of an addon type deal..

What I mean is.. taking Felucca Facet and having a completely new map..and some new graphics mixed with some of the exsisting..and some re-moddified NPC's and creating a special portal to goto Felucca but once you step through...your in "The Matrix" lol ..i think using a race pop gump of some sort or race stone.. maybe achievable to turn the character to a red pill or a blue pill or a merravingian(however its spelled) my only thing is ..if they want to go back from "The Matrix" back to regular UO play..is storing the original gear etc... Skills though i thought of maybe using spell books as their special abilities... and using an OnDelete function with the portals to keep "The Matrix" gear in the "The Matrix" World and the UO gear in the UO world..

reason am posting this idea..is more or less to see what others think (good or Bad) and maybe to get some fresh ideas on how to achieve certain things hehe

Making some progress on this project..working in some new graphics and decided to use client version 7.13 added some the old children anime too make that kid from the first matrix run around saying "there is no spoon" lol ..and to re-create the little girl Neo meets at the Train station heheh.. just been trying to find some new textures to be able to create Machine City...even got an "Oracle" NPC hehe

As Far as doing portals from One Era to the Matrix ..got that done also..just need to test and tweek the system =)

Once finished if possible ..more then likely will post it for download, but I wont be running a Public Shard..this is more for fun and private use =)

Nice so the children anime you were able to get working- those would also work great for special quests for rare pets/items :)

There's a shard with all that features called "Tecnophobia" with matrix system, veichles, laser weapon ecc.

I can't remember the name of the owner, he is a french guy, and was giving away his shard due to lack of time. You should looking around.

There's a shard with all that features called "Tecnophobia" with matrix system, veichles, laser weapon ecc.

I can't remember the name of the owner, he is a french guy, and was giving away his shard due to lack of time. You should looking around.
Aww found it..Alambik's Shard.. dunno if any remember him ..he created the custom release of the futuristic vehicle release with custom art work etc =) way back when on RunUO heh.. mines going to be a bit different then his.. no plasma wpns etc... and full out matrix like or atleast close to matrix as i can get it..somewhat like the game "The Matrix Online" that was release by Warner Brothers... and Era wise..will have High Sea's expansion..so no mine wont have the movable or rideable vehicles as his does...but hoping to add in some custom combat moves/ skills ...that you will have to quest for and learn and create via a crafting system..

Back