On a new Servuo Servuo setup i'm trying to add the SkillBall script to the CharacterCreation.cs.
Copied skillball.cs to \script\misc\ and added "PackItem(New SkillBall());" to CharacterCreation.cs.
That did'nt work - server would'nt startup. What am I missing?
I also tried to add the SkillBall script to scripts.csproj - that did'nt help either.
Any ideas or hints?

If you are using the skillball that is in the resources here on servuo that was pulled from runuo you have the item named wrong. Look in the script on line 211 the constructable calls "SkillBall3()" instead of "SkillBall".

Give that a look and make sure you are adding a New item that is named the same as what the constructable calls it.

If you are using a different skill ball script the same information might apply but might be called something different.

C#:
    public class SkillBall3 : Item
    {
        [Constructable]
        public SkillBall3()
            : base(0xE73)
        {
            Weight = 1.0;
            Hue = 105;
            Name = "a Five GM limited skill ball";
            Movable = false;
            LootType = LootType.Blessed;
        }

Its better to not just wildly guess. There are a lot of different SkillBall scripts floating around.

So what are the errors you get?

Tanks for trying to help :)

The script runs fine ingame when I'm using [add skillball.
If I add the skillball to CharacterCreation, the serverstart stops and complains about Type or namespace could not be found, as I recall. Can’t test to see the error right now, I’m at work.

Back