put in animations for anim.mul at slots 229 and 230 but the atack animation isn't working. Was wondering why that is.

I followed the tutorial on how to do it but the animation just sits there when in combat.

Specify information. What is the animation (people, low and high), in which file it is inserted and whether it is well adjusted in def files. And also whether this animation is complete, you can find out, for example, in the UO Fiddler program, where you can view it frame by frame.

I'm using UO fiddler. Trying to add into a low animation slot. I inserted into anim.mul. animation is complete, it has an attack animation, it just doesn't do it in game. If I replace a current animation that's in an L slot, it works just fine but if I pick an empty one and add into mobtypes, bodyconv.def etc it stands still during combat.

It probably doesn't have the fight animation, look in uofiddler and make sure it has all the animations, ie : Walk/Fight etc etc

It does, I checked.
Post automatically merged:

If I put those same animations in an existing L slot as a replacement, for example if I replace a CuSidhe slot, it works.

Last edited:
The next thing if I remember right is that there are only so many good open slots, I remember I had issues back in the past. I don't have my list of good slots to use but what I remember doing is basically going through all the free slots to find the ones that work! I could be wrong, it has been 10 years since I played with the animation files!

Make sure the ID of the position you are entering is no longer occupied. I don't mean in anim files now, but in body.def. Furthermore, it is important to realize the higher the client version, the less chance of a free slot for new animations. What kind of client do you use? version?

Make sure the ID of the position you are entering is no longer occupied. I don't mean in anim files now, but in body.def. Furthermore, it is important to realize the higher the client version, the less chance of a free slot for new animations. What kind of client do you use? version?

I use 7.0.10.3

Only issue I have is with the L Slots. H slots are abundant.

If I remember right, L Slots were always a problem and unusable, does the new animation you have need to go in a L slot or can you use the H slots?

The only other thing I can recommend is try every empty L slot before giving up, for some reason I remember there being a few L slots that I found to work, quoting a memory from 10 years ago!

Other then that, you could replace a animation you no longer want to use from the Vanilla UO L Slots

The only other thing I can recommend is try every empty L slot before giving up, for some reason I remember there being a few L slots that I found to work, quoting a memory from 10 years ago!

Other then that, you could replace a animation you no longer want to use from the Vanilla UO L Slots

Ok. Thanks for clearing it up. Will save me countless hours trying to figure out something that can't be done :)

wish I knew how to make animatons or somehow convert L to H. I would rip a ton from oldschool isometric games

Last edited:
GoldDraco is telling the truth. L animations have always been a problem. And I would add more. You are working with the Stygian Abyss version, where the client uses slots for its animation files (AnimationFrame1.uop, 2, 3 etc). These position IDs are blocked in the bodyconf.def file. Now I don't know if it can be used. I tried it once, but I don't think I succeeded. You need to find the right place for your animation.

Exemple: Anim 4 => ID 256

Bodyconv => 1606 -1 -1 256 -1
Mobtypes =>1606 ANIMAL 0

Monster 0 => H
Animal 0 => L
Sea-monster
Equipment/human => P

Back