I successfully created a new level of poison called "Fatal". I added definitions for it to the Poison scripts in ServUO-master\Server, Scripts\Misc, and Scripts\Spells\Third, put an entry for Lethal and Fatal into BasePotion.cs, and edited the cliloc entries to give custom overhead messages. It works as intended when cast on monsters or myself. But when I tried adding the new poison level to PoisonField.cs and tried adding in a FatalPoisonPotion, both returned the same compile error: "Server.Poison" does not contain a definition for 'Fatal'. Since I definitely have added it to ServUO-master\Server\Poison.cs, I don't understand what the problem could be and I'm looking for some help figuring this out.

No, I definitely did not... I didn't even know about the process or the need for it. Thank you, Lokai! If I understand correctly, I should get Visual Studio and any time I make changes to files in the \Server folder use it to recompile the core. Until that's done I can see my edits but they haven't been incorporated/committed.

You don't need Visual Studio to recompile the core, just use the batch file included with ServUO.

I see it now, right there in the center of a folder I've navigated through hundreds of times... *hangs head*

Lol... first time I was acknowledged for "taking the cake". May it never happen again :D

Thanks to the help I've received, I have Lethal and Fatal Poison added as potions, as spell results (including field), in the crafting menu, correctly labeled them in kegs, and set myself up to easily add more custom potions in the future. I appreciate you guys immensely!

Back