There's lots of custom things I grew accustomed to on freeshards, and a lot of it was Daat99's stuff. Pet breeding, new ore and wood types, a token system, etc. I've found some things online, but is there a repository for this stuff for ServUO and perhaps a tutorial somewhere?

Can I just add a custom folder into the Scripts directory, or do I have to replace the individual files?

You can add a custom folder to the scripts directory. As to replacing individual files it depends on the custom scripts you are adding. If your additions include files that are named the same as existing files you need to replace or merge them (always backing up the existing ones first).

Thanks. I'm starting with baby steps -- I found a copy of the world teleporter system and got that working, though I had to edit a bit for the script to compile and to add New Haven. There's some newer content I don't even understand. It looks like something bad happened in Haven. I don't know what to think of Trammel Despise.

But as you say, for example, with something like ingot types, there'd only be one file where they're defined, and to get all the newer types, I'd have to replace the existing \Scripts\Items\Resource\Ingots.cs with the new one.

Well you would need to edit more than that for the resources. You would also need mining.cs ore.cs defblacksmithy.cs deftinkering.cs and so on. Also you need to edit the Resource enum to have your types

Yes, it looks like adding custom content is a messy business. I'm going to try to put in all the daat99 stuff I've collected, so I have my work cut out for me.

At least I have some coding background -- I learned C in the 70s, and apart from the OO stuff, C# doesn't look too strange to me.

Back