[Constructable]
public Unicorn(string name)
: base(name, 0x7A, 0x3EB4, AIType.AI_Mage, FightMode.Evil, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4)

I wanted to attempt to add a new mount to the game but I am stuck on finding how to grab the "IItemID" (in the example above 0x3EB4 for Unicorn).

Does anyone know how to obtain this id? Specifically for the Raptor creature?

Cheers, JarJarIsASith

It has been a very long time since I did this so I don't remember all the steps.

If a mobile is not already a mount, there isn't an ItemID that will work as one. You have to add another animation, even if it is just a copy of the original, and point to that as the MountID. edit: Or maybe I just created a new animation number and pointed it at the existing animation in the client.

I used the program Mulpatcher to add animations. The fact that it works only with .mul files means it won't work with the latest UO clients anyway. I'm not sure if you can convert to MUL, edit the file, and then convert back again.

You also have to add your new animation to the body.def file in the client.

I don't have any more details on how to do all of this. I did it 10 years ago and haven't attempted it since. Maybe there's enough info here that you can fill in the rest with some lucky google results!

To add new mounts you have to replace existing mounts. The new client doesnt allow you to create a new mount like way older versions did the Item id for mounts used to be controlled by the tiledata, it may still be control by tiledata but they changed the tiledata format and no one has updated the new tags in the tiledata to reflect mount layer tags in the new clients. so the only way to add new mounts is to replace existing mount animations

Back