Hi

I was told skills, like alchemy for example (SkillNames), can be added to the client using UO Fiddler. Does anyone know if there is any truth behind this?

Well, if you actually open Fiddler, you'll see a tab called "Skills". Make any skill name/use changes you want to make and save. Then replace your client and server gamedata files with the new files created by Fiddler.

You're restricted to a total of 57 skills right now, it's a client restriction and I'm unsure how to overcome it so what I'd suggest is pinpointing the more useless skills and getting rid of those. Unless someone else knows of a way to overcome this, I'd actually be interested in a solution as the following solution I'll mention isn't a great one.

You could go with a custom skill list gump and go that route but that's a bit more involved and since I'm not a ServUO user (I am involved in the POL community but reference ServUO and others for ideas and improvements) I could not tell you how to move forward with that.

Correct the limitation is inside the client.exe itself. Someone once upon a time edited a client successfully and enabled more skills that way. but yea :)

Back