You got that right! :) Scripting has never been my favorite past time- unless I'm working on something which is some what easy!

Hello I was wondering if this still worked . I Have tried Take a A japenese Maple East item from fiddler which is itemid 39243 . Place it with the [add item 39243 . Place the tree looks fine except when i highlight over it is blank name. I set the name Japenese Maple East and set movable false. try [addongen comes up and try to generate file nothing happens says 0 components selected. Is this something i need to write script for or how would i go about this . Im trying to make a deed for the tree as easy as possible as there are many to do . Thanks for any advice .

Usually when 0 item has been selected-this means you need a wider area to capture it :) You can also set the name of the item before the capture as addon generator does hold the names.
the addon generator might need to be updated once again. For a single item you could also just make an item script which is very simple.
EDIT: this addon gen is up to numbers 39212 so it does need updating-maybe @Hammerhand will find some time for this :)

Last edited:
Ok thank you Dont think the area is the problem cause used way 6 tiles around just one object :) . Your probley correct in saying that the addon gen needs updated slightly . My item is 39243 u say the gen goes up to 39212 . Probley the case . Thanks for the info

My client is at 7.0.47.62 the last item showing in UOfiddler is number 40105 , if there are any higher ones I"m sure some one will state it :)

The items go higher now. I will get the exact number when I get home.I am at the latest patch which added the feasting table and all the bio engineering junk or what ever that is. I was trying to make the feasting table and it kept telling me no items were selected, then I noticed I was on it id 40635 and higher.

Obviously, someone is determined to make sure I dont get bored (they keep adding itemID#'s, which others proceed to tell me about). ;)

for some reason I'm getting no component found when I try to generate. and the gen test button doesn't wrk.. I'm patched 7.0.52.2

Not sure what the problem could be then - this script is in your custom folder correct? When you added this did it create a folder named The Box?
Also be sure to check the boxes on the top section

Last edited:
Is your client current? The most recent (I think) is 7.0.52.2. I've had issues like that in the past if the client isn't up to date for the server.

Very easy to use- I will post a SS here- I check all the boxes-give the item a name which you want for it
When the Generator is added into your custom folder- when you open your server folder, you will see a folder named The Box
any item you create with this you will find in this folder. Then you can move the script into your custom folder
If you get a message stating, no items were found, create a larger bounding box for the item.
Now also if your using custom items- you might need to add the itemid's of this into the gen script
There is a Test & Gen button which is very helpful as you can place the item to see if it copied all correct
If not, give the next one the same exact name- and it will go over the on which is in The Box.
addongen.jpg

Very easy to use- I will post a SS here- I check all the boxes-give the item a name which you want for it
When the Generator is added into your custom folder- when you open your server folder, you will see a folder named The Box
any item you create with this you will find in this folder. Then you can move the script into your custom folder
If you get a message stating, no items were found, create a larger bounding box for the item.
Now also if your using custom items- you might need to add the itemid's of this into the gen script
There is a Test & Gen button which is very helpful as you can place the item to see if it copied all correct
If not, give the next one the same exact name- and it will go over the on which is in The Box.
View attachment 13080
thanks so much :). I do have some custom deco in it. Which is the gen script? Sorry, I know I ask a ton of newbie questions.

I believe that she is referring to the generated script that will be in the folder called The Box, after you have generated your addon, you may have to view it to make sure the item id's are correct

I believe that she is referring to the generated script that will be in the folder called The Box, after you have generated your addon, you may have to view it to make sure the item id's are correct[/Q
I believe that she is referring to the generated script that will be in the folder called The Box, after you have generated your addon, you may have to view it to make sure the item id's are correct
Thanks :) so when I select the and use the Test & Gen, it shows everything plus 2 unused tiles, will those also show when it is placed in a house?

if they have the correct corresponding files in their client they will show up as what they should be, but if they do not have the correct files it will usually say unused tile. There is also the addon editor available here that is really cool for modifying addons after they are made. I found out the hard way with the generator that testing them as soon as possible is best so that you can make sure you have captured everything, I had a few houses with missing walls lol

This is why I always use the Test & Gen button - because I can place right away to see if I captured it correct-so if something is wrong I can use the exact name and redo the addon- test & gen button again. With custom items you should add the itemid's into the generator script- or try the addon editor as Quasar mentioned.

if they have the correct corresponding files in their client they will show up as what they should be, but if they do not have the correct files it will usually say unused tile. There is also the addon editor available here that is really cool for modifying addons after they are made. I found out the hard way with the generator that testing them as soon as possible is best so that you can make sure you have captured everything, I had a few houses with missing walls lol
ok thank you! I will try the addon editor. The problem is that the 2 tiles that have the unused tiles are not supposed to contain anything and it does not show anything to delete. The only place I see it is in the Test & Gen feature. update: the addon editor worked great! TY

Last edited:
None that I know of. You'd probably need to make new ones showing different sides. But rotating, no, don't think it's possible.

Back