ok so my adventure key for some reason when u tell it to add from pack its eating the everlasting bandage with the others on the script is just says bandage how can i fix this so it will not eat the everlasting bandage

It is added correctly? But just the name is wrong? Then you need to change the name for it,
If it adds the everlasting bandage to the normal bandages then you need the check to make sure its added properly

It is added correctlyy? But just the name is wrong? Then you need to change the name for it,
If it adds the everlasting bandage to the normal bandages then you need the check to make sure its added properly
ya i mean what am i checking i can send u a screen shot of the script for they key or the script itself cause not sure why its doing it

Pretty sure that he is saying to change the name of everlasting bandage you could call it med kit or anything else and see what happens or it looks like you could comment out line 28 so that the key will no longer take bandages of any kind.

You found the code, since you took a screenshot of it ;)

when you post it, in that little window you will see a symbol that looks like </> this will place a code tag where you can place the code inside.

Pretty sure that he is saying to change the name of everlasting bandage you could call it med kit or anything else and see what happens or it looks like you could comment out line 28 so that the key will no longer take bandages of any kind.
no thats not what I said at all, it checks for Bandage. EverlastingBandage is probably a child of Bandage, therefor it counts there too since it is not an explicit check but just that it is assignable from Bandage

You found the code, since you took a screenshot of it ;)

when you post it, in that little window you will see a symbol that looks like </> this will place a code tag where you can place the code inside.

no thats not what I said at all, it checks for Bandage. EverlastingBandage is probably a child of Bandage, therefor it counts there too since it is not an explicit check but just that it is assignable from Bandage
ok so what can i do so it will only take a reg bandage and not the everlasting

You would need to look at the check if the item is found and then make sure that make an exception for bandages to check if it is an everlasting one.

it looks like it is a blessed item, would it be easier to make it so that the key excludes blessed items? I doubt anyone would have any of the other items blessed that this key would take, unless someone scripted and everlasting lockpick.

Last edited:
it looks like it is a blessed item, would it be easier to make it so that the key excludes blessed items?
Yes that can work, but it can also make things you want to store, be unstorable. It depends on the usecase

@Spike ok there should be an ItemStore class as well, need that one too since the code for adding items to the storage is inside that class

Yes that can work, but it can also make things you want to store, be unstorable. It depends on the usecase

@Spike ok there should be an ItemStore class as well, need that one too since the code for adding items to the storage is inside that class

Attachments

• ItemStore.cs
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
There, its added on line 644. Not sure about the class name for the EverlastingBandage, if it is wrong you would need to change it there

Attachments

• ItemStore.cs
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
Back