Should shards be able to pay for an advertisement on the front page of ServUO?
aka Sponsored Content.

Has servuo really fallen on that hard of times already?

---
Thread was meant to be a Poll but poll options seem to be broken at the moment.
The following error occurred: The field 'multiple' was not recognised.
--
Edit:
Can't reply to the thread either, it acts like it's going to start then it just does nothing.
Quoting also doesn't work.
So what if another shard pays a sizeable sum of cash. Can they have an ad on the front page too? Why isn't it in the Shard List section? What happened to no unfair advantages with the shard listing feature of the servuo website? Seems like something a top private servers list would do for a premium user.

To me it really doesn't feel right to push any one shard over another. Especially on a website that is based on an emu. Production server I understand it is the out of the box server built around the website's goal. Other then that it feels like playing favorites and certain members of the community are getting special treatment. Depending on their rank, ability or value.

Also Punkte buying the license for the website was half unneeded and a good while back now. What is with the sudden reward for his donation? Way to save this 'favor' just before the release of his/their project...

There are times when things that go on in the 'back room' effect the entire image of the community.

Last edited:
The reason you cannot reply is because of your ad blocker. Having the word Advertisement in the title of the post has caused it to be flagged.

When Punkte made the donation back then I told him I would reciprocate when the time came. He made a substantial donation in our time of need and absolutely deserves a little spot for a while on the site. It was not 'half needed' back then, it was absolutely needed. We were running on a license we did not have access to or even verify was still pointed to this website. I don't know about you but I am not about to risk a huge headache and legal issues.

And no, at this time a shard cannot pay a large amount of money for a spot. This is a one time thing. We needed a large donation then and one person stepped up. Right now we do not need such a donation so there is no need to reward in this manner if someone wants to help out with the bills, all donations are done for no reward unless otherwise specified.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. It's not my aim to make everyone happy, it would be impossible to achieve.

Back