I started playing with my bosses at work. We literally raced home to get online first. They had a four month head start, but i learned quickly. I created a wall sized map of tram and the lost lands. Back then I tweaked my modem as much as possible to fight catskills lag. There was on character that probably had a T1 line named RAGE he'd swoop into town kill you and be gone before you could cry bank guards. Iron banana nick named me one time because Mortikye would die at least once per play session. The reason i finally quit online was last year, I had a four floor museum of all the original artis and named bows. I love bows. I was packing them up to move to my first castle and glitch the pack horses were gone. I called a GM explained the personal value and a list of the missing stuff, and all he/she said was sorry cant help. I had been a network admin for 10 years and I knew that they could roll me back at server reup without conflicting the game. So i lost heart in playing for a while, then my son showed me an emulation and I decided I want to make my own little world. I experiment with boss fights, region disputes and now i want to adjust graphics. This relaxes me. I miss online a bit but each time i get home from work and play I miss it a little less. UO 4ever for me.

It's funny, but the worse the memories, it seems, the more this game appeals, at least in this form, where you now have (Mwa Ha Haaa!!!) complete control. Welcome to ServUO. May your new experiences be pleasant ones.

Thank you, But i really don't have bad memories, The loss of the archtype equipment just made me realize i needed to make my own backups. Would i play again? Maybe to test a new expansion, I'm more of a tech geek, I watched the AI and base graphics more than anything else. I played the 2d vs 3d because 3d was way to busy to get into the game. Medieval and the original midis customized Made 8hr playtime regular for me.

Back