So when I type [save the game will sometimes freeze. If i close the console to force it to quit, when I start it again EVERYTHING is gone, asks for a new owner account and everything.

What am I doing wrong?

Try [admin then server and last Save to see if the same thing happens

This seems to work for manual saving.
Now I've noticed sometimes after a save the server stops responding.
You can type commands into the console, but in game everyone freezes and if you try to log in it sticks at verify.

Any clue?

Last edited:
I thought the freeze only happens once with the very first save of starting the servuo server-all other saves after this should be normal?

It happens everytime it generates the honestyitems Milva, the freeze time would depend on the amount of items it needs to place around the maps. Besides this I never had anything freeze at / after a save so I would think it is something in that direction.

It happens everytime it generates the honestyitems Milva, the freeze time would depend on the amount of items it needs to place around the maps. Besides this I never had anything freeze at / after a save so I would think it is something in that direction.

How long should the freeze be? It's a 5 minutes now.

Honesty items are generated after world load, if they don't exist. They do not decay, so its impossible for all of them to decay then re-generate after a world save, unless you manually deleted them all. I doubt this is an honesty item issue.

They are generated after a world save though. But otherwise I agree, I am doubting it is that in this case especially since he says its over 5 minutes long. In that case I wonder if everyting is stock or if there are custom scripts.

The honesty items are generated when the server starts. If any are deleted or taken, only those are replaced right after world save. Yea, looks like another issue. Possibly a hardware issue? On my live server a few years back, we had an annoying occurance where saves would get messed up, sporadically. Turned out to be a bad hard drive.

I also do not use the honesty system.

My shard is hosted on a dedicated server and with the issues I had in the past with it (well documented and was the reason for the changes to the system back then), plus the amount of items I already have, I never turned it back on my prodo shard.

However I will try it on a test copy tonight and see what happens when I save!

Back