Anybody knows how to send back a private hued line of non-ASCII text over a clicked item to one person?
All i can get to work is ASCII text, labelto (with no color), and publicoverhead which is public to everybody...
Even if i selected MessageType.Regular or .Label, it stills grayish like the ASCII font.

Any ideas?

to make it hued I believe you have to put the hue ID (client not html) before the text sent:

from.SendMessage(100, "That is not accessible.");

oh, I see you want to have it appear over the item? I think sendmessage is in the left corner....i think there is a way to do over the item though. like VisibleDamage which be shown just to the person doing the damage or to everyone in the area.

this.SayTo( from, "Message goes here" );

this sends a message overhead to a single player

for hue it seems like this should work:

int oldSpeechHue = SpeechHue;
SpeechHue = 0x23F;
SayTo(from, "Thou art giving me gold?");

then:
SpeechHue = oldSpeechHue;
after that line if you want to revert it to the oldhue again

Sorry i have noot been clear enough, here is how it should go:

I click on an item, the item sends me back a line of text over itself, like: "a broadsword" or whatever, but colored in blue.

This is what i am trying to do, except that all i could do for the moment is sending Ascii texts, which are darker than the regular texts.
This is what i am asking here, the way to make those texts the same as when we speech, or when we click on a static.

ex:
item.LabelTo(from, "text");
will return what i want, but labelto can't take hue parameters, which totally sucks, and i could not find any alternatives.

I am in pre-AOS display, so items are onsingleclick, what i want is colored names yes.

Edit: nevermind guys, my brother helped me.
from.Send( new UnicodeMessage( item.Serial, item.ItemID, MessageType.Label, 33, 3, "", "", "blop"));

Back