Okay so this is a very broad question but would anyone know why animal lore will not raise when someone uses it on a creature? Right now the only way on my server to raise it is to tame a creature. I have skill gain set to 8x and the only thing touching animal lore is the jako animal breeding/leveling system.

I believe that below 100 skill you can only lore tamed creatures. Have you tried that? On my shard I changed it to allow lore on any tameable creature and if I remember correctly it was a very simple matter of commenting out a few lines of code which were obvious to find due to the clilloc message comments.

Fireball is correct. Direct usage of the skill requires Lore of 100 or greater. Below 100 the only way to train Animal Lore is to Tame or Vet a creature. This will raise Lore faster than direct use of the skill anyway, so is recommended for training. Personally, I would not change the default settings.

Fireball is correct. Direct usage of the skill requires Lore of 100 or greater. Below 100 the only way to train Animal Lore is to Tame or Vet a creature. This will raise Lore faster than direct use of the skill anyway, so is recommended for training. Personally, I would not change the default settings.
100% correct, from what I remember of my OSI days. I imagine it hasn't changed in all these years. There were rare times when I received a gain from using Animal Lore on someone else's pet, but it was just before 100 skill, perhaps it was around 99.5 or something.

I believe that Animal Lore should be adapted to account for the taming requirement of the pet you are trying to lore. I've been playing around with a concept of "discovering" animals (first time you lore them, you discover them), which would tie in with the player's Animal Lore skill. Maybe it's time to get back to that concept and see if I can finish it off.

Back