gametec submitted a new resource:

Animated Child NPCs - children, animation

Animated Child NPC .vd Files
Girls And Boys

I was looking around in the animation files of some of the older clients, roughly versions 1.25 - 2.0.0, and I came across animations for NPC children. You can script these how you like, but they are absolutely adorable and I couldn't resist sharing them because they were taken out of the games animation files some time ago. I hope you all enjoy these.

What you get with this package are 2 different sets of animation for each sex; so that...​

Read more about this resource...

Actually not really a thief... the early clients actually have those animations. I just extracted them and posted them because they were removed from later clients. :) Love ya @x77x! ;)

i teach you mounts and this is how you repay me?
make public what i try to keep secret... shame on you

You didn't keep anything a secret, if the animation files, of any client animation '.mul', has specific animations in them, then they are free game for everyone to use. You did not create the children, they were in the client files. I regularly scour my client archive that contains all clients from 1.25 to 7.0.23.1 for any animations I can take.

If you did have a special script for them, I did not include that because I don't have any way to do so as I don't have your server files. Even if I did have your server files: I would've used yours as a reference and then scripted my own variation of it which would not be an exact copy, but a working equivalent. However I did not do this.

Sorry if you felt taken advantage of, but unless I stole your script, which I didn't, then you have no leg to stand on with your accusation. Nothing here is intended to be personal. I am just sharing, as I always do, with a community that could use a little more content with each passing day. I think the more content released, helps the creative process.

Have a wonderful week @x77x.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing with the community, especially because as you pointed out it is source information and not some ones custom.
(Which is really the point of all this)

That is snippy! so much potential with something like this. Now i want to create an adoption system or make 'True Squires' with this. :)

That is snippy! so much potential with something like this. Now i want to create an adoption system or make 'True Squires' with this. :)
Could you consider adding paperdolls to these as well? I don't know how hard that would be but to be honest it would be cool to dress these children up like we do with regular players. We could then put uniforms on the squires.

How do I use these children anims? They are for P slots, there is no way to put them in a L o H slot ? (Because as it seems I need to equip tem item o_O)

in mobtypes you will need to edit where your animation is placed. for instance mine are in the following 422 and 429 as example now in your UO folder the file mobtypes.txt needs to be edited
422 HUMAN 20000
429 HUMAN 20000

I got a chuckle from the "keeping a secret" post. These have been freely downloadable in the past and have been present on my shard for at least 2 1/2 years.

They don't include combat or death animations so they're best used as "ambiance" in cities. EA decided against having them in game to avoid any "you're killing children" arguments two decades ago.

I added them in the High slots instead. Lots of work on my end but I am glad you added this so I could utilize the graphics for a higher slot. :3 I posted my version as well for those who don't want to replace the player slot. Thank you for this resource.

Hey, I'm new here. What program do you use to view these files?
UO Fiddler. I would suggest since you're probably not going to be using the children for actual graphics to check out high place children. Mostly because each graphic animation takes slot.

Since you probably don't want to replace a player slot with these:

This will do.

I also have a tutorial

That's how you can add custom animations as well as animations others have added:

And Here is UO Fiddler:

I'm using UOFiddler. Do these files need to be in a certain location?

The child files are a .vd file. I just want to view the animation files. When using UOFiddler it asks for what folder you want to load from. Do I need to change the file type or add the file somewhere in fiddler? I can view a lot of files but not all of the animation files show up so I'm wondering if I need to set it up a certain way. I am sorry for my lack of knowledge here. As I said, I'm new.
Post automatically merged:

I'm using UOFiddler. Do these files need to be in a certain location?

The child files are a .vd file. I just want to view the animation files. When using UOFiddler it asks for what folder you want to load from. Do I need to change the file type or add the file somewhere in fiddler? I can view a lot of files but not all of the animation files show up so I'm wondering if I need to set it up a certain way. I am sorry for my lack of knowledge here. As I said, I'm new.

Got it figured out.

Last edited:
has anyone created a baseclass for children mobs? would be a cool thing to share! have them follow players and repeat everything they say and such.

There are two programs. But they are old. they do not have an updated Dictionary.dic file. They are: Mythic Package Editor and AnimationFrameExporter.

Back