There are a few Gump/ItemID art APIs around that are open source, the gump one being necessary to create paperdolls. However I've never seen a web based service for animations, and wondering if this exists anywhere.

What I'm thinking about doing is having avatars constructed from MyRunUO data, in addition to the paperdoll (which is already standard with the MyRunUO PHP scripts). The style of the actual avatar sometimes looks better than the paperdoll itself, and using animation data also allows the player to be shown on their mount. It could also support animated gifs of the player.

This has been done in UOFiddler, which is C#, so the code is there to create a C# service to make these. But it would be ideal to have these created in PHP the same way paperdolls are, it just makes things easier and doesn't require the service to be run. Has it been done? Has anyone tried doing this before?

My imaging skills are terrible and bitwise operators confuse the heck out of me, but I plan to sink my teeth into this one at some point if it hasn't already been done.

Back