I've got my brand new server up and running, I've created the owner account, I've tried and used some commands such as [set str / [dupe / [delete and so far everything has worked fine except [add. Whether I type [add or [addmenu, the server instantly crashes. Can anyone take a guess as to why it might be happening or how I could fix it?

Last edited:
Heck... just after writing this, I decided to try the [props command and it does the same thing, no matter what kind of item I point the target reticle at.

You just downloaded ServUO- and your game client is patched up?

Yes, both are true. I downloaded ServUO the same time as my introductory post and my game client is definitely patched up. I had to patch it all the way to get the server started; it returned a fatal error until I did.

Strange as I never had this problem- your datapath is set with no problems? If so I can send this to bug reports to see if there is a problem

Strange as I never had this problem- your datapath is set with no problems? If so I can send this to bug reports to see if there is a problem

The datapath is the default one, so there's no problem there. Would it help if I posted an error log/server report?

Yes please post your crash report :)

Will do! It'll be about 8 hours before I'm able to though, I'm at work rn :eek:
[doublepost=1545275364][/doublepost]So, there are two things. First, I misspoke in my original post and edited it to reflect that. The server does *not* crash if I do [add shovel (or whatever item. It crashes every time with [add or [add menu though.

Second, I hadn't looked at the crash logs before now but it looks to me like the reason for the crash from [add and [props is identical - a missing dll. Oddly though, zlibwapi64.dll is in the Servuo-master folder.

This is the report after using the [add command:

Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6926.41651
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 12/20/2018 2:54:54 AM
Mobiles: 91
Items: 5099
Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'zlibwapi64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Server.Network.Compressor64.SafeNativeMethods.compress2(Byte[] dest, Int32& destLength, Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality)
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked(PacketWriter src)
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush()
at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile(NetState ns)
at Server.Gumps.Gump.SendTo(NetState state)
at Server.Mobile.SendGump(Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline)
at Server.Commands.Generic.AddCommand.ValidateArgs(BaseCommandImplementor impl, CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.Generic.SingleCommandImplementor.Redirect(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

and this is the report after using the [props command:

Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6926.41651
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 12/20/2018 2:56:51 AM
Mobiles: 91
Items: 5099
Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'zlibwapi64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Server.Network.Compressor64.SafeNativeMethods.compress2(Byte[] dest, Int32& destLength, Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality)
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked(PacketWriter src)
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush()
at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile(NetState ns)
at Server.Gumps.Gump.SendTo(NetState state)
at Server.Mobile.SendGump(Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline)
at Server.Commands.Properties.PropsTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
Back