Ok, so I tested a few different client versions with ServUO for the first time and I must say I'm impressed with the results.

It has made me think that I could probably use the exact client that I want for my server's feel, and I wanted to ask if anyone has any insight on stability.

My server is a highly customized Pre-t2a era, I'm basically aiming for a classic client 'experience' and feel . So I don't want context menus, new style fonts, targeting overlays, none of the expansion art, or "new" graphics etc etc etc.

I'd like it to look as close to the 1.x.x versions as possible.

That being said, back in the day, for some reason I would use 2.0.3x, it was pretty reliable, however, I wasn't sure if this was the best choice in this day and age.

I'd like to get as vanilla as I can get without having to do too much myself, and then test it for a while to make sure I don't see any of the things that bother me about most clients that are 5.x.x and up.

I really appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
-Murmur

Last edited:
Looks like Grimoric has a starting point for me, thanks man.

I've never wanted/needed to make client edits before, is there a resident client expert around these days?

I'm not looking for any work to be done, just have questions about feasibility of certain things to achieve the era-accuracy.

Thanks again everyone, - Murmur

Last edited:
You can use the latest client - so long as you send the right ExpansionFlags / FeatureFlags to the client when they connect, you can enable/disable most of the features you mentioned in your original post.

Setting your Expansion to T2A should already do half the job, since Context Menus, hover tool-tips and even the artwork of the mobiles will be affected due to be post-AOS. Setting your Expansion to None will pretty much disable everything client-side.

I always recommend using the latest client, because it's usually the most stable.

Back