ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
In a previous version of ServUO (somewhere around two or three years ago, my memory is not clear on the subject) I created a separate cap for trade skills. I was able to accomplish this by making edits to SkillCheck.cs which basically checked if the skill name fell under the list of trade skill names, it would ignore standard skill caps and instead use a new value. This was meant to discourage the making of "mule" characters, and allowing every character the ability to both be a crafter and be capable of combat.

Looking at SkillCheck.cs in the most recent version of ServUO, it appears that most of the code for checking caps and increasing the skill happens elsewhere now, so I have a couple questions relating to this version and ServUO in general.

Question 1, which script should I look at to implement this sort of change in the current version of ServUO?

Question 2, if I need to change a script in the Server section, will I need to rebuild the compiler, or does the newest compiler compile server files at launch?

Thanks in advance. Been away for a while but it feels good to be back.

Back