Has anyone found a way to hack the EJ client to show the old trade gump with proper text/button location and no account gold numbers?
Is there anyone working on this? I would like to use the EJ client for my server, but i HATE the new style trade gump and don't plan on using the account gold system.

You should be able to just set these items in CurrentExpansion.cs to false and the client will use the old gumps.

Code:
            AccountGold.Enabled = Core.TOL;
            AccountGold.ConvertOnBank = true;
            AccountGold.ConvertOnTrade = false;

I'm using AccountGold for cleaner bank boxes but not for trades because I prefer the old-style trade windows.

Just tried setting all 3 to false and I still get the new style gump.
Logged onto another popular server with the EJ client and it does show the new gump as well even though they are running an older client (High Seas era)

Oops, you're right -- I assumed I didn't have the new trade windows after changing those settings but I had not yet created another test char to see. Well, I have the new ones :D

The shard I'm working on isn't live so I may just leave it this way.

The old gump is still in the client (gump 0x866) so it has to be fixable on the server-side.

Looks to me like it is all handled client-side in terms of which gump is used and the offsets of the player names and items.

Someone would have to crack open the client in a debugger and find said offsets so they can be readjusted. Replacing the gump art is easy, but nothing will line up properly. :(

Such a shame. It's the only thing I dislike about the EJ client

Try replacing the physical artwork in the gump file that the new trade window uses with the old trade window. I believe I did something to this effect a while back and it worked. I could be wrong, but grab the UOP->MUL and MUL->UOP converters and give it a try.

*Added* Reason being is, I'm pretty sure if the artwork being used doesn't line up with the new gump style, I believe it defaults to the old functionality. I could be totally wrong. But I remember I had strange results happen when I played with this a while back. Give it a go and let me know what happens.

Yeah, tried that already. It does show the old gump of course, but the player names, items, and account gold still show up and everything is misaligned. I'm not at home right now else I would upload a picture.

Someone with a bit more knowledge than me would need to debug the client to find the offsets for these values so they can be adjusted to fit the old gump once again. Unless someone has another way that will work

Could we find this in the Server section of files? There has got to be a way to change the gump ID through a file...

Back