Status
Not open for further replies.
gametec submitted a new resource:

Automated Staff System - This could potentially replace all of your employed staff :)

Automated Staff System

DISCLAIMER

This system was based off Tresdni's Complete Automated Staff; I simply took it and ran with some new ideas for it a while back. At first I was hesitant to release it outside of Tresdni's original thread, here on RunUO, because he was the original author of the system this is based off; however since...

Read more about this resource...

gametec updated Automated Staff System with a new update entry:

New Update... Issues - Should Work - Not Sure

I've been having problems with the upload system on both RunUO and now ServUO... yesterday I created a patch for this system and I uploaded the new files, but the forum board on both websites seem to want to ignore the updated file and just let you download the old file instead. Not sure why this is happening, but it's a problem on the web server side not mine. From now on I'll be posting dropbox links for all my updates and files. Sorry for the inconvenience but I just don't have the time to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I downloaded this and is still does not have the playermobile file? is this the file your having issues uploading?

gametec when you uploaded the new version did you also changed the version number to a new one? If you don't add a new number, I don't believe it will update it.

Sure... my PlayerMobile.cs has it regioned out... just search for: Automated

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    176.8 KB · Views: 28
Thank You Sir have it all installed...but part of it appears to have been converted to use tags (which the converted parts were edited out...for the most part).

What was changed in BaseVendor? I don't see any regions with the words Automated or Staff. Also thanks for creating it Tresdni and updating it gametec, I can't wait to get it working! :)

Edit - It appears to be the 4 regions titled VendorAccessLevels

Edit #2 - After adding the above regions and doing the fix posted in this thread by arvoreen I was able to get less errors. http://www.servuo.com/threads/automated-staff-error.1692/
However, I seem to be missing a few files as you can see from the remaining errors:
http://imgur.com/PyLAywt

Last edited:
What was changed in BaseVendor? I don't see any regions with the words Automated or Staff. Also thanks for creating it Tresdni and updating it gametec, I can't wait to get it working! :)

Edit - It appears to be the 4 regions titled VendorAccessLevels

Edit #2 - After adding the above regions and doing the fix posted in this thread by arvoreen I was able to get less errors. http://www.servuo.com/threads/automated-staff-error.1692/
However, I seem to be missing a few files as you can see from the remaining errors:
http://imgur.com/PyLAywt
Looks like You forgot the HelpGump.cs edit (thats Your last error). As for Your first 2 errors You can just edit those lines out so the script doesnt look for them (that looks like what I did)

Man oh man it's darn close now! So as it turns out the AutoStaffTeam is part of the new edit so that's a bit strange, but um, yeah the same error is still showing regarding that. I must not be doing it quite right. But, as you said ATG, commenting out those lines worked like a charm so it's just that last line now. :p
http://imgur.com/1zZAnhx

Edit - Just copied and pasted the entire new HelpGump into mine and it compiled. :cool:

Last edited:
to fix that error

just replace your hole top of the script with this

Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Misc;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.Menus;
using Server.Menus.Questions;
using Server.Accounting;
using Server.Multis;
using Server.Mobiles;

then aftr you get that fix you will run into a nother error

RobeOfEntitlement
was never fixed in this either so here is what you do to fix that

Code:
        public override void OnRemoved(object o)//(IEntity o)
        {
            if (o is Mobile)
            {
                ((Mobile)o).NameMod = null;
                ((Mobile)o).Title = null;
            }

if (o is Mobile && ((Mobile)o).Kills >= 5)
            {
                ((Mobile)o).Criminal = true;
            }

if (o is Mobile && ((Mobile)o).GuildTitle != null)
            {
                ((Mobile)o).DisplayGuildTitle = true;
            }
            base.OnRemoved(o);
        }

then will give a nother error saying no gm robes ect on the gamemaster and cns

so what I did was change them to use servuo
StaffRobe robe = new StaffRobe();

that should fix rest of your errors

Well that's good to know, on a related note I'm having some serialization issues now it seems. Every time I restart the shard I'm forced to delete every single mobile one by one. It's pretty brutal.

Well that's good to know, on a related note I'm having some serialization issues now it seems. Every time I restart the shard I'm forced to delete every single mobile one by one. It's pretty brutal.

Nothing in this Package changed BaseCreature has to be something else. Post Your ser/deser for Your BaseCreature in the script support forum.

hey greed when installing scripts that makes edits to distro always do one script at a time

like this put it in load server make sure it compiles and runs fine on your save world go in do some stuff using it and the save and shut down restart see if world gets corrupt if it does see what u did wrong with that script you installed. Then do all that again and if loads fine then move on to installing another script

me I always make a habit installing one script at a time and testing make sure it doesn't break my world saves before moving on to another one.

Yeah, I already do that dragonslayer but um, thanks for sharing that part about the staffrobes earlier. Although there seems to be an issue with it, specifically that the robe appears as a deathrobe rather than a GM robe. As shown here:
http://imgur.com/txsw8QC

Also, ATG was super nice and generous with his time and he fixed my BaseCreature and PlayerMobile issues so that's pretty great! :)

Edit - Another issue is that they are physically impassable and their gump pops up regardless of whether or not you summoned them. To be honest I think it would be ideal if only the person who summoned them could see them/interact with them. As it stands in my case at least, there are several things to replace as the system would probably cause some significant problems for a shard focused around PvP. I'm pretty sure I can do most of these things, but maybe not all of them. We'll see.

Edit #2 - If for whatever reason I temporarily wanted to turn the Automated Staff off what would I change? I see here in HelpGump it says that if it's enabled, that it uses the Automated Staff system, but what would disable it then?

Code:
            if (AutoStaffTeam.Enabled)  //If Enabled, Begin The New Help Gump Process

Last edited:
that's weird u get a death robe mine look like a gm robe lol I haven't had any of those problems. okay so that's werid ur are tho..

I don't see how this could hurt pvp tho any.. if your talking about the res or teleport just commented that part of the code out.. its very flexible but again I haven't really dug into it my self just changed what I needed to make sure wasn't abused by players.

Getting this error--

Customs/01-Staff/Automated Staff System/AdminMobiles/ShardGreeter/Staff_SBInformation/SBServerGreeter.cs:
CS0234: Line 49: The type or namespace name `Staff' does not exist in the namespace `Server.Items'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any one real famlar with setting up this?
[doublepost=1463810820][/doublepost]Any one have knowledgte to help me?
[doublepost=1463813663][/doublepost]All I really need is a playermobile.cs that is already moded if any one has

I know where the rest of them go I just cant get the player

umm yes I can help lol... in fact i might install it with you ;) since I'm doing npc's on my visual studio project right now.
Tresdni created the idea, I made advancements on the system; I'm Sythen on RunUO.com

gametec updated Automated Staff System with a new update entry:

Automated Staff System

This has been updated to be compatible with ServUO Publish 54 or better.

The biggest hurdle was figuring out that ServUO has reverted back to:
Code:
(object, parent)
instead of the prior change which had been:
Code:
(IEntity, o)

Another issue was corrupted saves. For this to work you need to clear your saves folder and revert it until it does work or start fresh. The result for failing to do so could range between your server crashing everytime you press the help button...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back