Hello anyone,

I was wondering from some time, if there is an actual way to translate automagically the "SendMessage" (string) and other strings sent by the server, and received from the client.

From an actual point of view, and taking into account the ultimalive system, we could do it in two ways:

- Server side (HEAVY LOAD)
- Client side (Small load, only in the client)

Taking into account this, the most usable way is the latter, that is doable with ULTIMALIVE, since it's code, allows interception of ultima packet and post elaboration of them.

Having said this, do anyone know of a way to automagically translate sentences without overload the internet connection? So that IT could work even if the connection is congested?

There's such a script for those who are donators i believe (might need to verify).
I think it uses the google translate API or some other traduction API for that.

Is this what you want to achieve?

Server side is not a preferred options, such a thing globally is HEAVY to support, what I want to achieve is something client side and if possible without the use of the internet for retrieving remote responses (that could lead to lag or delayed responses)

The achievement is for automatic translation of NON localized string, when they are received by the client.

Anything is possible if its being programmed and I assume this requires reverse engineering the client etc.

However are you talking about...messages or text sent by other players or simple responses of your server like "You gained a shit ton of karma" ?

I assume you can extend the cliloc files. (I don't know for sure, maybe someone can confirm)

Last edited:
I'm talking about server unlocalized text, so system messages and eventually gump labels and html non localized (but It could be applied to client messages, so "SAY" sentences)

This is actually possibile, you have three ways to do something like this working:
- Razor source code is online and is working, you can modify packets in there.
- UltimaLive, you can modify packets in there too
- OrionUO, too, since source code is available

The only problem is that I'm still searching for a way to do it "offline", without the extra lag that will be caused by using an external server, or at least something useful that could be installed locally, and not remotely (I hate to have something like this centralized in the server, too much load for me)

You answer your question yourself. You want a offline dictionary, so get one (this translates word for word and not in context).

However I don't see the "HEAVY" or "MUCH LOAD", even 100 players this is negligible. Its a simple webrequest (yes this takes time). Use Bing, Azure or Google Translate API and cache or save already translated common strings. Average response by this services is 150-400ms (in my experience) depending on request size, service load and connection speed.

Or as you said, move this feature to the client via Razor or whatever. This still requires a service that translates. On client side the experience varies.

Yes, that's however only partially true, I'm just wondering if there is something that can do this work, not online, and not a mere dictionary, but a translator, to use locally and offline.
The methods are already known, but without knowing of all possible solutions it's pretty hard to choose what to do...

So I'll reform, and make a question:

Does someone know of a way or a system that can translate sentences without an online service?
[doublepost=1519666789][/doublepost]Found something interesting:
https://github.com/OpenNMT/OpenNMT

Back