Has anyone ever done a ballista addon? would like to know want to make a multi out of it have catapults and cannons done just need ballista and its a pain to assemble if haven't really seen one lol

There is definitely a pattern to the way OSI's tools export/slice images into individual tiles. You can usually apply that pattern to reconstruct most things.

I think it works like this;
Code:
while(z++ < depth)
    while(x++ < width)
        while(y++ < height)
            [x, y, z] = component

At least this seems to be true since they added the Garden Shed addon.

ay! i was looking for ballistas also. I saw this post from 2016 and also warped around looking for one and couldnt find one. I decided to sit down with it and it looks like its all on the same z level.

Attachments

• balista.png
    balista.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
I made the multis for it but also wanted to kick it up a notch because they all have 2 states. One is ready to fire and one is fired. The problem is the bolt never leaves the tiles (probably because UO never really used them) so I made custom tiles for the "fired" form so it can be used in game.
[doublepost=1537298061][/doublepost]Like the above pic, then it can look at least like it's being loaded. May do the same for the catapult and put a rock in the sling etc

Why does it look so weird? Maybe I'll make a bolt for it then? I just like to try and be accurate with these things as much as possible...
[doublepost=1537299882][/doublepost]Any time i look at a ballista, I dont see cloth.. just the actual bow and a bolt..
[doublepost=1537300094][/doublepost]Ballista-3d-model-max-obj-fbx.jpg

Back