Hi guys,
I cant even ADD gold or any other item to a creature spawned using an xmlspawner
orc/ADD/gold,50 is supposed to add 50 gold to the orc's corpse, right? Well for me, in the xmlspawner menu at the bottom in red text it says "ADD : Property not found."

orc/name/Chief/hue/500/mindamage/1/maxdamage/2 works so I can edit some things about the creature just fine, but adding loot to the creature doesn't work and loot is the most important thing!

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• xml ADD problem.png
    xml ADD problem.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 18
To help with this the version of ServUO you are using would need to be known.
Current ServUO has an incomplete version of xmlspawner included with it, and many of the commands such as ADD were removed a year or so ago.

Hey thanks for the quick reply....The ServUO version Im using is whatever version is available to download on this website right now...publish 57 I think?

So this current version has an incomplete xmlspawner....thats not good!. Any advice for me? Should I get a previous version of servuo? Can I update xmlspawner for this version of ServUO or maybe wait for a new version of ServUO where its fixed?

Thanks again!

I use an older version because of xml spawner and many other things that were removed. The things removed from xmlspawner could be added back in but for me personally it wasn't worth the effort it would take to get it where I would want it.

None of these work for adding gold to a creature:
Orc/ADD,1.0/<gold,100> - property not found: ADD,1.0
Orc/<gold/100> - property not found: <gold
Orc,<gold/100> - Invalid Type specification: orc,<gold
Orc<gold/100> - Invalid Type specification: orc<gold

So if ADD was removed from xmlpsawner a year or two ago, was it replaced with an alternative? So now if I want to make a named Orc that drops 50 extra gold every time, is my only option to make a copy of the orc class in the Orc.cs file, rename the new creature, and add 50 extra gold to his loot? I liked the old easy way of slapping on ADD/gold,50!

Attachments

• xml ADD problem.png
    xml ADD problem.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 8
Orc/<gold/100> You are missing the command ADD and the decimal number to tell the spawner the percentage of chance for the item to drop.

Orc/ADD,1.0/<Gold/Amount/100> Also try adding the Amount. Be sure to use capitals were noted.

I'm fairly sure it was removed from current ServUO.

Current ServUO Code in BaseXMLSpawner.cs
C#:
private enum typemodKeyword
        {
            // Preparing for removal.
        }

Older version code in BaseXMLSpawner.cs
C#:
        {
            MUSIC,
            POISON,
            DAMAGE,
            EFFECT,
            BOLTEFFECT,
            MEFFECT,
            PEFFECT,
            SOUND,
            SAY,
            SPEECH,
            ANIMATE,
            OFFSET,
            ADD,                    //This is ADD that's been removed
            MSG,
            ASCIIMSG,
            SENDMSG,
            SENDASCIIMSG,
            BCAST,
            EQUIP,
            UNEQUIP,
            DELETE,
            KILL,
            ATTACH,
            FACETO,
            SETVALUE,
            FLASH,
            PRIVMSG
        }

It is possible they added it back in some other way but I don't really think so.

C#:
        {
        }

C#:
        {
            MUSIC,
            POISON,
            DAMAGE,
            EFFECT,
            BOLTEFFECT,
            MEFFECT,
            PEFFECT,
            SOUND,
            SAY,
            SPEECH,
            ANIMATE,
            OFFSET,
            MSG,
            ASCIIMSG,
            SENDMSG,
            SENDASCIIMSG,
            BCAST,
            EQUIP,
            UNEQUIP,
            DELETE,
            KILL,
            ATTACH,
            FACETO,
            SETVALUE,
            FLASH,
            PRIVMSG
        }

It is possible they added it back in some other way but I don't really think so.
I thought he was operating with an older version.

@Bryan
Close, but try this:
ADD/<gold/amount/RND,1500,3000>

That would add gold in a random amount between 1500 and 3000. Gold needs the [amount] keyword to work correctly.
Hopefully this works for you.

EDIT: Another option is to use Bank Checks. There is an addon package that has high value bank check "vouchers" that you double click to get the bank check.

Last edited:

C#:
        {
        }

C#:
        {
            MUSIC,
            POISON,
            DAMAGE,
            EFFECT,
            BOLTEFFECT,
            MEFFECT,
            PEFFECT,
            SOUND,
            SAY,
            SPEECH,
            ANIMATE,
            OFFSET,
            MSG,
            ASCIIMSG,
            SENDMSG,
            SENDASCIIMSG,
            BCAST,
            EQUIP,
            UNEQUIP,
            DELETE,
            KILL,
            ATTACH,
            FACETO,
            SETVALUE,
            FLASH,
            PRIVMSG
        }

That is a huge shame. Xmlspawner is the most powerful spawning system in all of the freeshard community.

Yeah, Xml spawner has always been one of my favorite toys to play with. But anything that didn't go along with what current Broadsword is using was removed so the server could boot up a bit faster. Least we have older versions to play with.

Yeah, Xml spawner has always been one of my favorite toys to play with. But anything that didn't go along with what current Broadsword is using was removed so the server could boot up a bit faster. Least we have older versions to play with.
Apparently I have missed quite a bit.
Alright, not hijacking this thread, so:

Anyone with Xmlspawner issues, DM me.
Anyone that wants it reinstalled, DM me. (I have 4 versions of ServUO master with SA and Xmlspawner)

It seems only ONE of my tutorials has actually survived, but this should help with basic use: XmlDialog/XmlEdit, XmlQuestNPC, KILLNAMED Objective, XmlMobFactions

Last edited:
we were just noticing this lack of ADD support and other keywords on Dark Forest, and also that Despise Revamped mobs weren't spawning at all due to no support for random power levels ( Naba,{RND,1,5} )

I pulled a copy of the xmlspawner from a repo copy before those changes were made. However I block commented out file ItemFlag.cs in this zip since newer repos have a separate ItemFlag file now. So stealables on xmlspawners may not work correctly.

Attachments

• XmlSpawner_typemodKeyword readded.zip
    196.5 KB · Views: 12
we were just noticing this lack of ADD support and other keywords on Dark Forest, and also that Despise Revamped mobs weren't spawning at all due to no support for random power levels ( Naba,{RND,1,5} )

I pulled a copy of the xmlspawner from a repo copy before those changes were made. However I block commented out file ItemFlag.cs in this zip since newer repos have a separate ItemFlag file now. So stealables on xmlspawners may not work correctly.
Nice, Zero!
Thanks, man!
Still figuring out what all went haywire yet.

:cool:

to be honest alot has been messed with xmlspawners. on pb 57 i notice when you do [creatworld and have stuff spawning in and if there is more then one npc or mob on single spawner it will only spawn 1 out of the 2 or 3 vendors. it is set as to spawn them though but one is only activating. I do believe the dev should put more detail work back into xml little bit more.

to be honest alot has been messed with xmlspawners. on pb 57 i notice when you do [creatworld and have stuff spawning in and if there is more then one npc or mob on single spawner it will only spawn 1 out of the 2 or 3 vendors. it is set as to spawn them though but one is only activating. I do believe the dev should put more detail work back into xml little bit more.
That sounds like a Min/Max spawn amount on the Xmlspawner.
To give you a better idea: Consider the big world "wild life" spawns, like dogs, cats, birds, etc., etc., each of those spawns has a Min/Max amount at one time. There might be a max of 50 dogs and 10 cats, but if the Max spawn is only 5, you are probably going to get 5 dogs.

So yeah, it sounds like the spawn files might need some massaging. Thanks for pointing that out! ;)

EDIT: I would like to add that as awesome as I know Xmlspawner is...it is *very* antiquated. Many have tried to keep it "modernized", but it can quickly fallen into disrepair the moment any one person stops working on it. I think since ServUO started, there have been 6 different devs taking a whack at it...?

correct. however the max is at 3 but out of that max it spawned 1. it never use to do that. on publish 54 the creatworld was never a problem with it until im recently coverting things over. i have to click on repsawn on the xmlspawner just so they can spawn correctly. i will get a screenshot of it

correct. however the max is at 3 but out of that max it spawned 1. it never use to do that. on publish 54 the creatworld was never a problem with it until im recently coverting things over
Interesting. I'm looking at Pub 54 right now and "comparing notes" with Winmerge.

If you run into anything else, feel free to toss it into a PM, if you would not mind (just easier to track bugs that way)
That goes for anyone really. :)

Soooo....the discovery is:
Xmlspawners after Pub 57 will gradually spawn until all of them are properly full.
The Default Mix/Max time to spawn is 5 minutes, so in a full 5-6 minutes, in theory the entire 'shard should be fully spawned.

The other way to verify this is to go right to an Xmlspawner and just respawn it. If there should be 5 vendors, 5 vendors there will be.

Thanks for the guidance with your troubleshooting, Billy!

Back