Thanks!
If anyone has an idea for something special... bring it! :D
(No promises that i will create it though :p)

A bola animation of it swaying in the hand while walking would be sweet! Not to be confused with an e-bola animation. Nobody wants that.

Yeah, i would love that :D (And also flails!)
Sadly a deformable object is much more difficult to create.
All the animation's frames are in one big sequence of loops, beginning with:
loop "walking unarmed/1-handed-weapon down" (10 Frames)
loop "walking unarmed/1-handed-weapon down-left" (10 Frames)
loop "walking unarmed/1-handed-weapon left" (10 Frames)
loop "walking unarmed/1-handed-weapon up-left" (10 Frames)
loop "walking unarmed/1-handed-weapon up" (10 Frames)
loop "running unarmed/1-handed-weapon down" (10 Frames)
... etc.
When creating a swinging object, the calculated movements are based on the changes from one frame to another.
This creates a problem for two reasons.
One being the crossing from one loop to another. This messes up the calculations, because blender sees it as a continuous sequence.
The second problem is the way i set up my frames. Each frame is more or less in the center and shows only the rotation but not the translation.
Meaning Blender has no information about the movement of the item.
Theoretically it is possible to solve these problems but (at least to my knowledge) this means a lot of work.
The second one is not that complicated and could be done by repositioning each frame according to the playermobile's movements.
And there might be a clean solution to the first one (somehow telling blender that there are closed loops).
(After like 7 years, sometimes i still feel like scratching on the surface of this awesome program ;))

Quick created the item image for the staff
[doublepost=1524943641][/doublepost]Whip animation would be cool since there is a gump for holding a whip and an item id for it already just no animation was one that I always though would be cool.

Attachments

• batstaff.rar
    1.2 KB · Views: 13
Back