Hey all, was thinking about the old Verdata cs anim.muls. a big part of me wants to run an older version of UO so I can use the verdata instead of the anim.muls due to restrictions hardcoded in the later clients. My question is when was that client where things weren't do locked down? I'm trying to find a good medium as far as amount of customizable maps, animation and ride animation importablility, etc. I can do any type of customization but there are limits as time goes on. I used to be able to plug a ride animation into verdata, change a few things and have almost limitless ride imports. At what client did this become hard? Would you reccomend going backwards? Any thoughts or info would be appreciated!

I did a lot with client 7.0.7.1. It's got most of the latest landmasses like TerMur but still uses MUL files. I was able to replace Map0 with a Darkshard map (still named Fel) and insert all the usual custom mobiles and art tiles. This client doesn't support the new banking system or the UO Store but gargoyles and imbuing and such are ready to go.

If you're really determined you could always export the graphics from the latest client and insert them into that one -- at least the items you are interested in having.

I may look into said client. Would you happen to have a link to getting it? I'm not even sure what the new banking system or store is? I have a lot of customs to swap over hahaha. Can I still add custom mobiles to this client? Or do I have to save over an existing?

I can't find a working download anymore. Grimoric posted a link to a zip of it last September but has already deleted it.

It's got more open slots than ever for animations, tiles, and gumps.

The last version of the client with calls to verdata.mul is 4.0.5b after this the code was removed from client.exe.

The last update that had a verdata.mul is 4.0.3a after this version there were no more verdata.mul in the patches.

All client.exe are the same between the version except first UO this is ultra-rare to even find clients or any patches for them. (The one not including Lost Land "T2A")

Updates for T2A called GOLD and do include both GUMP and ART updates while AOS called AOS2D only updates GUMPS by verdata.mul and do direct modification to ART.MUL. LBR Uses T2A/GOLD patches.
In version 4.0.3a the request for filename "verdata.mul" it is added to the stack at 004c95dl and the file manager function is called on address 004c95fl then you look at it in IDA.

Edit: Version 4.0.4t is the version that everything is merged into the files for all clients, it is the pre-patch for UO:SE same version as the CD that was sold.

-Grim

Last edited:
[QUOTE =“ Apocalypse,帖子:73796,成员:1827”]
是否使用verdata或anim.mul进行动画制作?
[/引用]
ÿes.

The last version of the client with calls to verdata.mul is 4.0.5b after this the code was removed from client.exe.

The last update that had a verdata.mul is 4.0.3a after this version there were no more verdata.mul in the patches.

All client.exe are the same between the version except first UO this is ultra-rare to even find clients or any patches for them. (The one not including Lost Land "T2A")

Updates for T2A called GOLD and do include both GUMP and ART updates while AOS called AOS2D only updates GUMPS by verdata.mul and do direct modification to ART.MUL. LBR Uses T2A/GOLD patches.
In version 4.0.3a the request for filename "verdata.mul" it is added to the stack at 004c95dl and the file manager function is called on address 004c95fl then you look at it in IDA.

Edit: Version 4.0.4t is the version that everything is merged into the files for all clients, it is the pre-patch for UO:SE same version as the CD that was sold.

-Grim

So, is there a way to get that last client? I've been looking but I can't seem to find it.. I do have an old UO renaissance install CD, 9th anniversary and samurai empire CDs as well. What would be the benefits/drawbacks to making this move? I know I'll get more custom slots due to the verdata but what else would I be missing out on?

Everything boils down to what era you like to memic and how much you can accept that don't will work. Like having samurai skill selection in a T2A environment. The skill will show but can't be used and other even worse things that are hardcoded into the client. In client 7.0.0.0+ you will have twice as many art spots as an example. [Link to explaination] In 7.0.0.0 that was added 4000 new slots to a new limit of 8000. Verdata.mul is just an early way to update large files without sending the full file to the client sins people did use modems. 1 MB took something like 6 minutes at a 56k modem and ART.MUL is 65 MB. It doesn't give you extra slots, It replaces existing ones or uses empty ones. Think of it as an array of data with a position in the original array and the new data or data to swap out if that already exists in the original file.

I have all 2D clients up to 7.0.24.1 (can create them) and many of the ones from that point and up to today.

Edit: Also a key thing to think about. The older the client is the more you will need to rewrite packets sins not even RunUO will support it. Even the clients before 4.0.4t start to having issues like how items in bags are handled and how item text is shown. Pre SE item lists are sent differently to the client and most shards use the T2A way to go around this sins the newer item list packets don't exist in these clients.

Edit 2: Another thing is that 7.0.0.0 was the first streamlined client. All expansion was joined to one. Before this point, a UOR client never got an AOS map and some features even after they were upgraded to AOS. You had to install an AOS client to get this. If you had an AOS client and entered Malas and relog to an old client you were automatically sent to a random place in Britain city. This (error/exploit) was used by tamers then taming Nightmare in Ilshenar by using a T2A client as an example. The item you could see/needed was exported to the old client. That is why you weren't allowed to bring Ostards from Lost land at the start of T2A sins non-T2A clients didn't have these animations and the players were "floating in the air". [See this link] This was resolved by letting the players ride miscolored horses in later expansions as a fallback graphics. The same goes for monsters if they did appear on the wrong map in the old clients didn't have them at all. The same goes for dragon scale armor which was a green plate armor on non-AOS and older clients. The bod book and bod deeds were plain gray colored house deed and a grey spellbook/runebook as shown in the link about old clients. [See this link]

I can go on all night... This is the area I love to explore and reverse-engineer :D

-Grim
Post automatically merged:

Here are the files for AOS v4.0.5b (Patch 33). Install an AOS cd then replace all files and you are ready to go.

Last edited:
Everything boils down to what era you like to memic and how much you can accept that don't will work. Like having samurai skill selection in a T2A environment. The skill will show but can't be used and other even worse things that are hardcoded into the client. In client 7.0.0.0+ you will have twice as many art spots as an example. [Link to explaination] In 7.0.0.0 that was added 4000 new slots to a new limit of 8000. Verdata.mul is just an early way to update large files without sending the full file to the client sins people did use modems. 1 MB took something like 6 minutes at a 56k modem and ART.MUL is 65 MB. It doesn't give you extra slots, It replaces existing ones or uses empty ones. Think of it as an array of data with a position in the original array and the new data or data to swap out if that already exists in the original file.

I have all 2D clients up to 7.0.24.1 (can create them) and many of the ones from that point and up to today.

Edit: Also a key thing to think about. The older the client is the more you will need to rewrite packets sins not even RunUO will support it. Even the clients before 4.0.4t start to having issues like how items in bags are handled and how item text is shown. Pre SE item lists are sent differently to the client and most shards use the T2A way to go around this sins the newer item list packets don't exist in these clients.

Edit 2: Another thing is that 7.0.0.0 was the first streamlined client. All expansion was joined to one. Before this point, a UOR client never got an AOS map and some features even after they were upgraded to AOS. You had to install an AOS client to get this. If you had an AOS client and entered Malas and relog to an old client you were automatically sent to a random place in Britain city. This (error/exploit) was used by tamers then taming Nightmare in Ilshenar by using a T2A client as an example. The item you could see/needed was exported to the old client. That is why you weren't allowed to bring Ostards from Lost land at the start of T2A sins non-T2A clients didn't have these animations and the players were "floating in the air". [See this link] This was resolved by letting the players ride miscolored horses in later expansions as a fallback graphics. The same goes for monsters if they did appear on the wrong map in the old clients didn't have them at all. The same goes for dragon scale armor which was a green plate armor on non-AOS and older clients. The bod book and bod deeds were plain gray colored house deed and a grey spellbook/runebook as shown in the link about old clients. [See this link]

I can go on all night... This is the area I love to explore and reverse-engineer :D

-Grim
Post automatically merged:

Here are the files for AOS v4.0.5b (Patch 33). Install an AOS cd then replace all files and you are ready to go.

Gah! all good info! i used to be able to create new rides without overwriting existing ones. i miss having more control over that as i think after 7.0.15 they got hardcoded? I feel like before this, i was running 7.0.something and it was fine. Im lost lol I of course love the new stuff but the limits it put on other things was heart breaking for me as an art/mul guy

Back