1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to retain changes to stock repo scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zerodowned, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:33 AM.

1. zerodowned

Moderator ServUO Developer

I know this has been discussed a few times but I'm always lost when it comes to merging an existing repo, with changes to stock repo scripts, together with a new repo release and not losing any of the custom edits previously made.

Can I get a super dumbed down walkthrough?

2. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

Put all of your custom edits to stock files in code regions;
    Code (C#):
    2. #region Custom
    4. #endregion
    At least then, when you're doing an entire WinMerge comparison against two /Scripts directories, you can keep track of the changes you don't want to overwrite.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 2
  3. Tasanar

I never thought about that. I keep all my edits in a Word pad document but I am going to start doing that too.