UoFanta submitted a new resource:

blackrock Mobiles - Blackrock, New Paragons?

EA Released a Blackrock Event back in 2008

http://www.uoguide.com/Blackrock

I dont remember who scripted the original files i am going to release but credit goes to them anyways all i did was update them to work within servuo.

This system is based off the paragon system and can be used as a event if people require.

there are a couple of distro edits..

Regenrates.cs
around line 85
under

Code:
 if ((from is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)from).IsParagon) || from is Leviathan)...

Read more about this resource...

I use this system and it requires more to get it working properly. You have to serialize it so the title sticks, also need edit to make name appear red hue. In blackrockinfection script need to add code to make it attack any creature once turned. A lot of exceptions to be added to creatures that won't turn as well. They don't drop black rock they drop the pink skill scrolls.forget what they called now. I made besekers scythe have a chance to convert creature on hit like osi. The part still missing is the actual infection. Miners have a chance of spawn BR elemental. I have made two regions where they naturally occur and it's an advanced skill gain area. Issue I had was mining by region to get the pure black rock pieces. So yes in its incomplete stage it's merely another type paragon only. For the entire mother lode event there is a little more to it I haven't mention as well. If someone interested in taking this further I will release my material relating to it.

Just a quick note:

On the EA servers when this event was taking place the Black Rock scenario did a few things:

1) players gained 2x, sometimes 4x faster than they would have on every skill as long as they trained those skills within a certain radius of these creatures (it might've been actually a regional thing, like an item)... but you had to be in a certain radius of the area that the Black Rock mobs spawned in order to get your skills to gain super fast. This was a holiday gift from EA to its players.

2) black rock mobiles could infect you with some sort of sickness. This sickness affected players, but I've forgotten how. I think it had something to do with the idea that if you had blackrock pieces on you, the mobs would spawn faster.

3) Killing these mobiles gave you a "black rock infected" chest or wooden box that would contain a piece of blackrock inside among other items.

This is just a little insight into this particular system which I used and abused during my time with EA on Atlantic.

1) Brings to mind having some kind of in-game master event controller that could affect various properties used throughout the code. Skill gain and drop rate chances stick out as obvious ones. Activating or disabling other ones as well.

I use this system and it requires more to get it working properly. You have to serialize it so the title sticks, also need edit to make name appear red hue. In blackrockinfection script need to add code to make it attack any creature once turned. A lot of exceptions to be added to creatures that won't turn as well. They don't drop black rock they drop the pink skill scrolls.forget what they called now. I made besekers scythe have a chance to convert creature on hit like osi. The part still missing is the actual infection. Miners have a chance of spawn BR elemental. I have made two regions where they naturally occur and it's an advanced skill gain area. Issue I had was mining by region to get the pure black rock pieces. So yes in its incomplete stage it's merely another type paragon only. For the entire mother lode event there is a little more to it I haven't mention as well. If someone interested in taking this further I will release my material relating to it.
Yes, sir I am interested.

I really want this script to run but unfortunately it won't compile. Stack dump:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6396.27340
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 9 warnings
Warnings:
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/BlackrockElemental.cs:
CS0105: Line 6: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previously in this namespace
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/NetherVortex.cs:
CS0105: Line 6: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previously in this namespace
CS0114: Line 130: 'Server.Mobiles.NetherVortex.BreathPhysicalDamage' hides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathPhysicalDamage'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
CS0114: Line 131: 'Server.Mobiles.NetherVortex.BreathFireDamage' hides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathFireDamage'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
CS0114: Line 132: 'Server.Mobiles.NetherVortex.BreathColdDamage' hides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathColdDamage'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
CS0114: Line 133: 'Server.Mobiles.NetherVortex.BreathPoisonDamage' hides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathPoisonDamage'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
CS0114: Line 134: 'Server.Mobiles.NetherVortex.BreathEnergyDamage' hides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathEnergyDamage'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/ToxicOoze.cs:
CS0105: Line 7: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previously in this namespace
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Stripper/Stripper.cs:
CS0105: Line 11: The using directive for 'Server.Misc' appeared previously in this namespace
+ Multis/Boats/BaseBoat.cs:
CS0105: Line 11: The using directive for 'Server.Network' appeared previously in this namespace
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar/SpellBarScroll_XML.cs:
CS0108: Line 27: 'Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.SpellBarScroll.Initialize()' hides inherited member 'Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.XmlAttachment.Initialize()'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
CS0219: Line 40: The variable 'page' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 41: The variable 'xselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 61: The variable 'page' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 62: The variable 'xselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0642: Line 87: Possible mistaken empty statement
CS0642: Line 650: Possible mistaken empty statement
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Hue Center/Hue Center/HueListGumpGold.cs:
CS0219: Line 90: The variable 'bought' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0472: Line 141: The result of the expression is always 'false' since a value of type 'int' is never equal to 'null' of type 'int?'
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar/PositionGump.cs:
CS0168: Line 43: The variable 'xo' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 44: The variable 'yo' is declared but never used
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar_Ver 2/Spellbar/SpellBarGump.cs:
CS0219: Line 1475: The variable 'dbx' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 1476: The variable 'dbxa' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 1477: The variable 'dby' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 1478: The variable 'dbya' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 2604: The variable 'yselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 2629: The variable 'yselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 2654: The variable 'yselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
CS0219: Line 2679: The variable 'yselect_var' is assigned but its value is never used
Errors:
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/BlackRockInfected.cs:
CS1061: Line 37: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definition for 'IsBlackRock' and no extension method 'IsBlackRock' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 86: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definition for 'IsBlackRock' and no extension method 'IsBlackRock' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

ok I see some missing Basecreature edits for one. I have not tried this on a new version of servuo. Not sure what the issue is with spellbar errors that shouldnt have anything to do with Blackrock mobiles. Lemme see if I can come up with a basecreature.cs but it will be untested... stay tuned.
[doublepost=1501358931][/doublepost]@TwilightRaven and anyone else that gives a hoot

As promised I know it took like forever so here it is...........
This is all my scripts I created, altered, or improved over the years. Feel free to use this as you see fit.
***Always BACKUP your original files before you replace them!***

I also have BaseCreature.cs edits for older RunUo versions for Era Accuracy shard owners as well Pm for those.
Ive included an untested version updated to latest ServUo. Please Read the ReadMe file carefully. I don't use this system on a current server version so my support will be limited. I hope someone continues to improve this for accuracy and completeness.

I also found a Blackrock Detector I made, just an Addon without functionality at this point.

P.S. Uncomment AI_Beserk in BlackrockInfected.cs (line 57) to test properly
Once this is tested, bugs ironed-out, and confirmed to work properly I'll repost it as such.

Attachments

• BlackRock.rar
    79.9 KB · Views: 26
  • BlackrockDetectorAddon.cs
    4.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I made the changes to BaseCreature and now all my mobiles after the words Paragon under them.

upload_2017-8-5_8-42-45.png
[doublepost=1502023739][/doublepost]Can you give me any help?

Currently im working off an old netbook until a pc part comes in mail. My cpu died :(. Are you running the latest version of ServUo? I can attempt to test soon as Im back up and running. I do have other edits which negate XML Paragon, which allows you to create Paragons in XmlSpawner. I remember some issue with it a few years back. I made these edits without confirmation. Does the Blackrock feature work correctly? Also test to make sure that any Blackrock infected mobiles have [Blackrock] label and are correct color both when initially spawned, and on server restart....ie Basecreature is saving correctly. Also try make an XmlSpawner like this: Tailor/isParagon/false to see if you can create a non-paragon, I'm sure its a matter of correct syntax as Basecreature and Xml additions have changed somewhat since I had this working. Alternatively you should be able to force spawn: Dragon/isBlackrock/true

Im just trying to gather more info not having this in front of me, wish I could be more helpful at this moment.

Tried to get the script working. These three methods it couldn't find.

Errors:
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/_Extras/Magincia Invasion/Weapons/BerserkersScythe.cs:
CS0115: Line 33: 'Server.Items.BerserkersScythe.OnHit(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobile, double)': no suitable method found to override
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/_Extras/Magincia Invasion/Weapons/StaffOfPyros.cs:
CS0115: Line 33: 'Server.Items.StaffOfPyros.OnHit(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobile, double)': no suitable method found to override
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-BlackRock/BlackRock/_Extras/Magincia Invasion/Weapons/VorpalBlade.cs:
CS0115: Line 35: 'Server.Items.VorpalBlade.OnHit(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobile, double)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Back