Agree the trapped boxes were great- took out many thieves with those :) not sure why they ever changed it

reminds me of someone poisoning fish steaks and leaving them around for other players to pick up

if I understand you correctly, if you use a key on a trapped box you can open it without setting off the trap and you went to stop that from happening?

https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/bl...1ba7e56bb622b/Scripts/Items/Tools/Key.cs#L321

I believe removing this section should do the trick

Code:
// if (item is LockableContainer)
322                       //  {
323                          //   LockableContainer cont = (LockableContainer)item;
325                           //  if (cont.TrapType != TrapType.None && cont.TrapOnLockpick)
326                             //{
327                            //     if (o.Locked)
328                                //     item.SendLocalizedMessageTo(from, 501673); // You re-enable the trap.
329                              //   else
330                                  //   item.SendLocalizedMessageTo(from, 501672); // You disable the trap temporarily.  Lock it again to re-enable it.
331                            // }
332                     //    }

reminds me of someone poisoning fish steaks and leaving them around for other players to pick up

if I understand you correctly, if you use a key on a trapped box you can open it without setting off the trap and you went to stop that from happening?

https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/bl...1ba7e56bb622b/Scripts/Items/Tools/Key.cs#L321

I believe removing this section should do the trick

Code:
// if (item is LockableContainer)
322                       //  {
323                          //   LockableContainer cont = (LockableContainer)item;
325                           //  if (cont.TrapType != TrapType.None && cont.TrapOnLockpick)
326                             //{
327                            //     if (o.Locked)
328                                //     item.SendLocalizedMessageTo(from, 501673); // You re-enable the trap.
329                              //   else
330                                  //   item.SendLocalizedMessageTo(from, 501672); // You disable the trap temporarily.  Lock it again to re-enable it.
331                            // }
332                     //    }

Hey Zero, I tried this and it just takes away the messages it doesn't keep a box trapped when unlocked.

Back