Hello on my server i have bounty system that works this way;

player A kills player B, player B can put a bounty on player A .

the exploit:

Player A can go on kiling spree increasing the bounty over him, then he let a friend kill him and they get the bounty amount.

I want to prevent this, any idea?

i was thinking of 2 ways:

1-Increase the time the bounty stays, make a log file for all bounty claims(to seek for exploiters)
and add a chance to get the reward (wich is not cool at all) but at least that would prevent the exploit somehow

2- put a cap on bounty ex; 50k gold max

thanks.!

Last edited:
My ideas, not great ideas but maybe a starting point

1-limit the amount to put a bounty on so the value increase slowly and it wont wort to take this effort
2-prevent the gold from reaching the player and/or guild members/related somehow
3-monitor every pvp and detect the amount of effort used to kill him and determine if it was a real kill or it was faked (highly impracticable from my current view)

You will not be able to do anything to stop the exploiting of that system. Either you have to manually check or you have to find a way you are confortable to also punish the guy with the bounty, as in he also loses money. Probably the amount that was on his head.

Issue with that is he could probably go into the negatives and also it would make people rage quit. So imo the whole bounty system is flawed.

What about ''Monitor'' the pvp by checking kill logs (acc name, killer name, date and location)

and Use a custom currency that only staff can exchange ?

not sure if i will be able to edit the system that much

I forgot to say that the player who create the bounty HAS to accept the people that request that bounty so this might help a little bit.

Last edited:
Back