zerodowned

I've been in the freeshard community for a long time now and ever since OWLTR came out it's been a issue with people wanting to use it but either not understanding how to implement it into newer repos or not willing to do the work.

Is there a way to make it plug and play?
something like using an Eventsink when crafting or resource gathering?

If not maybe if some one merged this into the newest repo and offered for download? :) FS taming is also another much wanted custom

that would be so awesome some Like me are not real good scripters and its a lot of work to make changes by hand ,, Im on Justuo so would be a few edits still to make but not 102 files to try to merge ( which I never could grasp how it worked ) plus the other edits that need to be made

If not maybe if some one merged this into the newest repo and offered for download? :) FS taming is also another much wanted custom
That's the problem, you put it into the newest repo and...it's out dated in a few weeks

Maybe a check in the production repo for if currentexpansion.customresources
Then send to a method that pulls the custom info
Basically a shell class that acts as a template for entering the custom info

i was going to atempt to do this myself but after looking over the current repac that has it in there are like 30+ files that would need to be altered and well with the way they had done it and not leaving at least the original files there i am unable to see what was or needs changing and well now theres a new twist in the code, they changed a function for Mobile to IDamageable so that will also cause a few little hickups as i just had to put an bandaid patch into my VNC 3.0.0.1 to get it working (And not completly) due to this new Check function

Is a 'clean' version of a publish not branched off from current development version to keep content for a given publish regularized?

Like i said that an old version of servuo with them added it's not a current version of the servuo code, that was completed 4 months ago by someone else there was an error with compiling it so i fixed the error and didn't do anything else

Ah, I can definitely see why. Looking through commit #1146 makes my head spin. Though clicking on the '117 changed files' button and comparing the lists of files changed by this patch and OWLTR might help.

I've been in the freeshard community for a long time now and ever since OWLTR came out it's been a issue with people wanting to use it but either not understanding how to implement it into newer repos or not willing to do the work.

Is there a way to make it plug and play?
something like using an Eventsink when crafting or resource gathering?

An external resource list would help. Something for the crafting/harvesting systems to read and go "Oh, okay, there's Mercury ore too, etc". Adding additional resources would mean just adding them to that list (like settings or options). I haven't dug into OWLTR in many, many years, but, the main issue is adding in the new resources (people forgetting where all the resources need to be added). I have manually added in custom resources, more easily than using OWLTR.

...with the way they had done it and not leaving at least the original files there i am unable to see what was or needs changing...
That's the problem with using a repack.
Better to use the standalone files like these: https://www.servuo.com/archive/owltr-4-0-for-servuo-pub-54.534/

Searching that file for the term "//daat99" I get a total of 394 results but that's including ALL the changes that come with OWLTR ( new champ, new BODs, Tokens, etc ) as well as commented lines indicating the start and end of the changes.

i know repacs only change what needs to be done and then repacks the files, needed they don't show the work they did kinda sucks hehehe, but oohhh well if i had more time and more patience i could reverse engineer it but i am not that patient ;)

Back