I think someone was attempting that once on runuo but never finished it. I could be wrong, but it seems like it could cause some problems. I'm glad to see you got up and running though :)

But I will have to go through half of the work again when I get back to work and throw this on a virtual host by somebody.

That way I can staff this and get it off of the ground.

Yes this has been addressed in the past, by Insanity I believe and you could be asking for trouble or even future trouble by not restarting the server. :)

Has anyone here had a great running shard while hosting it from a pc inside your home?

I am right now unemployed and taking care of an elderly parent. And was wondering if I could host this shard from my home instead of on a Virtual Server. When I do go back to work, I will get one, been looking at a couple of hosts for around $30 per month, but I will get one when I go back to work if its better for a player base to not host from home.

and does anyone have or know of a script that allows staff members to cast spells without a spellbook?

and where is the script for those god spells I see on other shards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to apologize.

But this is a major accomplishment for me. I have some friends in real life that I play on different shards with, both runuo and pol based, that has told me "runuo never will, nor has it ever been able to, run on linux. It just will not happen." Alot of people in the forums told me it could, but also said there is a lot of work involved. I tried, and failed.

Then I happened across ServUO. Found out that it was a fork of RunUO, and those same voices started drumming in my head again. And again, I got the fire to try anyway, passing or failing, I wanted to try. When I got it running this time, I was over-taken with a bountiful amount of adrenaline for accomplishing such a task that I was could not happen.

Next time I will edit my posts instead of just multi-posting them.

And my friends who said it couldn't happen, are college degree computer programmers, and one has a certificate in linux.

Being able to do something they said can't be done ---- A BIG WIN FOR ME.

Thats my reasoning behind all of that. Thank you for reading.

If anyone would like to see if they can sign on, making sure I got that part right.

If not, let me know here.

Client -- 7.0.10.3
IP # -- 192.168.1.64 (if that one doesn't work, try 108.72.94.65. when server starts it recognizes the first one)
Port # -- 2593
Ultima Live Map Streamer -- Yes

Website with downloads and stuff I will need to work on.

And how do you "load test" a server?

** EDIT 8-3-2014 **
I modified the firewall to allow port# 2593 to pass to my gaming pc. Please try again. thanx.

** EDIT 8-4-2014 **
Has anyone been able to sign in?

Last edited:
Next time I will edit my posts instead of just multi-posting them.

Thank you, sir!

And my friends who said it couldn't happen, are college degree computer programmers, and one has a certificate in linux.

Their certifications reflect not their capabilities - a failing education system at best.

And how do you "load test" a server?

You can do it a few ways - I've seen people spawn as many mobiles as they could and make them fight each-other. However this will only test your ram/CPU capabilities. If you want to see your bandwidth capabilities, you're going to need to log in as many clients as you can.

Sorry, Unable to connect.

You should look into port-forwarding and demilitarization for your router (and sometimes modem) - generally you can accomplish this by typing 192.168.1.1 into your web-browser.

May I say, the load time on Linux is incredible. I think from the time I hit the go button, the server loads and is ready to go within 20secs. Just unbelievable.

** EDIT 8-4-2014 **
I just spawned 600 skeletons in green acres, did a manual save, and it took 0.2 seconds. Unless anyone else has any ideas of how to test the load on this.

** EDIT 8-4-2014 **
I am still searching for the server edition to UOAM. Been lookin on the net for 2 hours with no success.

Last edited:
MONO ain't any faster than .net from ms, that's the only true thing of the world, and who is telling you this is someone who has an active server with over 2 million items and >300.000 mobiles.
End of story...

FAST?! just let you know, mono is 3 times slower on almost any platform (only one that performs better is apple OS), load times are 3 time slower, and unless you use some complicated way to save in memory before saving into the disk, even saves are 3 times slower.

The quality of the mono as a whole is just bad, not counting that you have to deal with an enormous quantity of bug (MONO BUGS), this was tested with also latest SVN, and I repeat myself, this was tested with an active server for almost a year, fortunately this year we moved to windows OS and thrown away the mono crap.

PS: Try to test something complicated with xmlspawner under mono, this time just to a SETONMOB,*,mobile/Blessed/true and put 30 mobiles in the map on your location (in windows even 100 mobiles aren't anything hard)...see how the world freezes?! this is the sole thing that I have to warn you, slowliness.

My 2 cents.

just to remember you another thing, XMLSPAWNER won't work with doubles, since on linux someone had a great idea of using , as decimal separator and . for hundreds.

to fix you need to put this in Main.cs under the void MAIN method

Code:
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US", true);
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberDecimalSeparator = ".";
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberGroupSeparator = ",";

not counting anything else, anyway, anyone can say whatever they want, I tested and run my production server on mono, and mono is only s**t, end of story.

Back