I was wondering if anyone could tell me which file the new castles and over sized house plots are in? I would like to try to overwrite my current file with the latest house file but I just don't know what it is. I'm hoping that its just drag and drop and boom it works! I have a 7.0.20.0 server so this is right before the uop files came out so I might need to unpack a uop? I just dont know this file and never read anything about it.

I tried converting art.mul and artidx.mul from client 7.0.75.35 and dropping them over a 7.0.7.1 (pre-UOP) client and it doesn't work. Strangely enough the new large empty plot *is* visible but the rest of the newer houses and most of the artwork is still missing. There must be something about the size of the new file that the older clients just don't like.

I tried to do this on an older version of ServUO and it almost worked but it ended up causing enough problems that I abandoned the idea and started over from scratch with a newer server core, ironically the one abandoned now which makes my current code obsolete even before I open it to the public!

Other changes happened around the time of the larger plots to allow the client to "see" a greater distance. Much of that happens on the server side though so you may be ok as-is. I had issues with pieces of the large houses & plots remaining after the house was dropped until totally re-starting the client. Whatever wasn't on-screen when the house was dropped was still there until restarting.

I tried using the latest art.mul and artidx.mul without any difference. Nothing happened. Are you sure that's the correct file? This is what happens when I place the custom keep or castle.
1602117116432.png

You're right - I tried it again and got nothing.

I think the main issue is that the multi files made a drastic change from 7.0.9 onward, meaning I'll never succeed in trying to get 7.0.7.1 to work with 7.0.75 files. I don't have anything close to 7.0.20 to test with. It's from after the format change so I would be more optimistic about success but I've got no way to test it.

Back